Windows 10: How to turn off snap windows while keeping maximized window dragging?

Discus and support How to turn off snap windows while keeping maximized window dragging? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On multiple monitors the windows stick to the side of the screens if i don't drag them fast. I want to avoid it without disabling maximized window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by varga, Aug 15, 2021.

1. varga Win User

How to turn off snap windows while keeping maximized window dragging?

On multiple monitors the windows stick to the side of the screens if i don't drag them fast. I want to avoid it without disabling maximized window dragging. How to do that? Windows 10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165)

:)

varga, Aug 15, 2021
  2. RickO_510 Win User

in win 10, maximized window won't drag

I had the same problem too. I had turned on Snap setting: Snap Window.

This disallowed me to drag a maximized window from display 1 to display 2.

Turning off the Snap Window, I couldnt move a Maximized window.

It turns out that moving a maximized window works in Snap window mode On when you move that window to the other display fast. Moving it slow makes Windows think that you want to snap it, as if you are parking a car backwards and.. slow.

Solution to move maximized windows:

1. Keep Snap Window On
    2. For Snapping a maximized window, move your mouse slow to the edge of a display
    3. For moving a maximized window (to a different display), move the maximized window fast

RickO_510, Aug 15, 2021
  3. FableT Win User
    Why can't I drag maximized windows with snap disabled

I am running Windows 10 version 1709

My system is full up to date. I have run both dism restorehealth and sfc with no issues found by either.

As previously indicated, I have validated the correct registry setting for DragFromMaximize.

And now I have validated that the issue is definitely related to the snap feature. If I turn snap back on, then I am able to drag from maximized per the correct window behavior. But as soon as I turn snap off again,
    I immediately lose the ability to drag my maximized windows.

FableT, Aug 15, 2021
  4. How to turn off snap windows while keeping maximized window dragging?

in win 10, maximized window won't drag

Go to Settings, System, then Multitasking, turn on Snap Windows from there.

Waffles041701, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

How to turn off snap windows while keeping maximized window dragging?

1. How to turn off snap windows while keeping maximized window dragging? - Similar Threads - turn off snap

2. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  3. How to turn off SNAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off SNAP: I was trying to use Snap or Snip and Sketch. Now when I open a screen the right side is off the edge of my small monitor and I can't read the border, or close, or access the new right side tab. Please tell me how to undo this application that I think allows me to use multiple...
  4. How to turn off SNAP

How to turn off SNAP: I was trying to use Snap or Snip and Sketch. Now when I open a screen the right side is off the edge of my small monitor and I can't read the border, or close, or access the new right side tab. Please tell me how to undo this application that I think allows me to use multiple...
  5. snap windows cannot turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snap windows cannot turn off: each time i take a doc t the top of my windows desktop , i get a blue column and the docs horizontal with is reduced in size. I have turned of multitasking > snap windows but to no avail.Any sugestions on how to get rid of this annoyance?...
  6. snap windows cannot turn off

snap windows cannot turn off: each time i take a doc t the top of my windows desktop , i get a blue column and the docs horizontal with is reduced in size. I have turned of multitasking > snap windows but to no avail.Any sugestions on how to get rid of this annoyance?...
  7. Dragging a window maximizes it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dragging a window maximizes it: I’m having an issue using windows 10 where when I try and drag a window it automatically maximizes with a green number 1. I’ve found threads with same issue and tried disabling the “prevent windows” option in ease of access but I want the sizing hot keys and options. Is there...
  8. Dragging windows Thumbnail snapping feature. How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dragging windows Thumbnail snapping feature. How to turn it off?: How do I turn off this feature when dragging windows around? It is driving me nuts. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dragging-windows-thumbnail-snapping-feature-how-to/c15f81ca-4cc0-4c61-b27a-891a58ef133e
  9. Getting rid of "snap" while retaining ability to drag maximized window

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting rid of "snap" while retaining ability to drag maximized window: If you have Snap enabled (I don't want it) you are able to drag a maximized window by the titlebar. If you have Snap disabled you are not able to drag a maximized window by the titlebar. I would like the ability to drag a maximized window, while not using the Snap...
  10. Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10 [img] Information You can set Windows 10 to show either the contents or outline of a window while you drag the window or...