Windows 10: How to turn off “Tap to click” on touchpad, Windows 10 in 2021

Discus and support How to turn off “Tap to click” on touchpad, Windows 10 in 2021 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of these solutions on the Internet show a screen that has additional options that I do not have. I have seen other people ask a similar question,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MagusX8, Mar 1, 2021.

1. MagusX8 Win User

How to turn off “Tap to click” on touchpad, Windows 10 in 2021

All of these solutions on the Internet show a screen that has additional options that I do not have. I have seen other people ask a similar question, with no resolution. Please re-add the option to turn off “tap to click” so we can all get on with our lives. Who on earth is it hurting to just leave the option in there for those of us that hate it with an unbridled passion!?!

:)

MagusX8, Mar 1, 2021

2. How do I disable Tapping on my Windows 10 Touchpad

Hi Ashley,

For you to turn off the tap-to-click feature on your Windows 10 touchpad, we recommend trying the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization, then Themes.
    • Select Mouse pointer settings.
    • Then, click on the last tab called Device settings (might be different from other computers) and again on Settings.
    • A new window will pop-up with the Pointer options. Just uncheck Tapping.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 1, 2021
  3. julianCG Win User
    turning off tapping on touchpad

After a windows update the touchpad on my laptop now uses tap to click. I've been through lots of mouse, pionter & touchpad settings but it will not give me the option to turn off tapping.

Can anyone come up with anything?

Thanks very much.

julianCG, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Thanatica Win User

Touchpad: Tap twice to drag

Here's how it works standardly:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger to stop dragging

Here's what I like it to do:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger
    5. Reposition finger and continue dragging by flicking the touchpad some more
    6. (repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as desired)
    7. Release finger and perform one addditional tap to stop dragging

That's what it used to be like in the Windows 7 era with most touchpads. Some people found it annoying and disabled it, but I welcomed it.

I know dragging continues when your finger reaches the touchpad edges, but that I find greatly irritating because it looses all sense of precision. This mechanism is stupendously irritating when trying to pixel-precise drag a trackbar, or when doing some
    painting in photoshop on the go. Or just anything that requires precision.

So I'd like to disable "drag continues at touchpad edge" and enable "require additional tap to stop dragging".

So how can I do that?

If not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. How to turn off “Tap to click” on touchpad, Windows 10 in 2021 - Similar Threads - turn off “Tap

2. How do I turn off tap to click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off tap to click?: I have looked and gone through the community forums but I cannot find the setting. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-tap-to-click/c8fa15d8-0931-4aed-b2fd-af3b7ab1d45b
  3. How do I turn off tap to click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off tap to click?: I have looked and gone through the community forums but I cannot find the setting. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-tap-to-click/c8fa15d8-0931-4aed-b2fd-af3b7ab1d45b
  4. How do I turn off tap to click?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click on Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you are using a Windows 11-installed laptop and want to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click, here is how you can do that. It is possible to disable or turn off single finger as well as two fingers tap to click functionality in Windows 11 using this step-by-step...
  6. Is there a way to turn off "tap to click" on the touchpad under Windows 10?

Is there a way to turn off "tap to click" on the touchpad under Windows 10?: Both my work and home laptops are virtually impossible to type on because the tap to click feature causes the cursor to jump all over the screen while I'm typing. Why is there no longer an option to turn off that ridiculous feature? Everyone I know has an issue with this,...
  7. turning off tapping on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off tapping on touchpad: After a windows update the touchpad on my laptop now uses tap to click. I've been through lots of mouse, pionter & touchpad settings but it will not give me the option to turn off tapping. Can anyone come up with anything? Thanks very much....
  8. Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?

Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?: I have a HP Pavilion Power laptop 15-cb0xx and its been going on for a while, but kinda getting a bit worse, that my touchpad can act very erratic at times with the mouse cursor just jumping about when i'm trying to do some work. But the weird thing is, it only seams to...
  9. How to turn off tap-to-click function on touchpad (Lenovo ideapad 330)

How to turn off tap-to-click function on touchpad (Lenovo ideapad 330): I just bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 a few days ago, but I find it impossible to turn off the tap to click function on it's touchpad. There is supposed to be an option to do this in the mouse settings, but when I go there, there is none. I had two other people on the case to...
  10. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...