Windows 10: how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours?

Discus and support how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Basically what the title says. I never got the notification before and now that I factory reset my device, i'm getting it every time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by W.C. Blitzy, May 15, 2019.

1. how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours?

Basically what the title says. I never got the notification before and now that I factory reset my device, i'm getting it every time.

:)

W.C. Blitzy, May 15, 2019
  2. karlliss Win User

windows 10 is NOT restarting after a windows update even if is outside of active hours.

I start windows updates on my system and leave for dinner, expecting the updates to be finished and the system re-booted when i return.

when i return at 7:30 pm (outside of active hours) i find the update status screen with a status of "awaiting restart"

"your device is scheduled to restart outside of active hours. (Active hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)"

If i click on "restart now" everything completes normally.

I have a screen print showing this information along with the system clock showing that the current time is outside of active hours (is it possible to post that screen print here?)

This is NOT a new problem and actually happens on more than one PC, but i am getting tired of going though the extra steps and waiting for completion of this process that should have already finished while i was away from my PC.

Why won't my system reboot outside of active hours after updates are complete?

Windows 10 pro

version 1709

os build 16299.334

Active hours are 8am to 5pm.

karlliss, May 15, 2019
  3. windows 10 is not restarting during scheduled to restart outside of active hours.

It has now been 4 days since my computer began saying "Your device is scheduled to restart outside of active hours. (Active hours are ‏‎6:00 AM to ‏‎6:00 PM.)" It did this during the October update, also, I finally clicked on "restart now" to get it to
    finish the install.

Before the October update is was doing the updates automatically, any ideas on why it is not working the way it is suppose to now.

ElizebethMunden, May 15, 2019
  4. how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours?

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, May 15, 2019
Thema:

how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours?

1. how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours? - Similar Threads - turn off notification

2. Active Hours for Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Hours for Restarts: I tried to change the hours the computer won't automatically restart after an update. I can't change it. I click, nothing changes. Yeah, I can click on 11 p.m., but it doesn't actually change it. MS has it set for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is beyond troubling. Last thing I need...
  3. Active Hours for Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Hours for Restarts: I tried to change the hours the computer won't automatically restart after an update. I can't change it. I click, nothing changes. Yeah, I can click on 11 p.m., but it doesn't actually change it. MS has it set for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is beyond troubling. Last thing I need...
  4. Restarts Outside Active Hours Can Be That Day, or Take Up to a Week? Why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarts Outside Active Hours Can Be That Day, or Take Up to a Week? Why?: Guys, My computers will get the Action Center Notification, "Your Device Needs to Restart Outside Active Hours" and after Active Hours have ended, Mine are from 7AM-1AM the computers will sometimes auto reboot overnight to install Windows Updates. Other times, it will be...
  5. Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours Build 1909

Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours Build 1909: Guys, Ever since build 1803, I have had intermittent issues with my computer not restarting once Active Hours have ended. My Active Hours are set from 7AM to 1 AM, and around Patch Tuesday, or a day or so later, I correctly get a notice in Action Center that my PC needs to...
  6. Why Are Restarts Outside of Active Hours so Unpredictable?

Why Are Restarts Outside of Active Hours so Unpredictable?: Greetings All, I have had really bad frustrations with the unpredictability of Focus Assist and Active Hours ever since build 1809 on Windows 10 and this has now carried over on two PC’s; a Dell Desktop and a Toshiba Laptop. Here are some observations for the Microsoft...
  7. Windows Permanently Requesting to Restart Outside of Active Hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Permanently Requesting to Restart Outside of Active Hours: For a few months now my laptop has been incessantly informing me that it will restart outside of active hours to finish installing updates. The problem? The updates fail to install every time, no matter how many restarts it attempts. Given how annoying the occasional...
  8. turn off active hours

turn off active hours: I prefer my OS to update when available. I don't want it waiting for non-active hours. Is there a preference for that? How do I turn it off or deactivate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-active-hours/741f473b-d5f6-47a6-9e8b-a450aae21a0c
  9. Log in data mandatory outside the Active hours?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log in data mandatory outside the Active hours?: My system is set to skip the login screen and has the Active hours set to 08:00~17:00. Yesterday I checked for updates and there were only Windows Defender definition updates. I used the PC from 10:00 until around 18:00 and there was no warning about Windows updates. So I...
  10. How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?

How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?: I hate this "feature" of Windows deciding to restart my computer without my permission, just because it feels like it. Not only do I run a web server on my PC, but I also have many open documents at times, plenty of which I don't save. That doesn't mean I don't need the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Your device is scheduled to restart outside of active hours. (Active hours are ‏‎8:00 AM to ‏‎5:00 PM.)

2. how can i turn off this your device will restart to update outside of active hours

3. Your device is scheduled to restart outside of active hours in windows 10

4. Your device is scheduled to restart outside of active hours. (Active hours are ‏‎8:00 to ‏‎17:00.),
  5. windows 10 your device will restart to update outside of active hours,
  6. your device will restart to update outside of active hours stop popup,
  7. windows 10 updates.selects active hours.my computer is never on outside these hours so when does it update,
  8. how to turn off restart outside active hours,
  9. notifications to reboot phone turn off