Windows 10: how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours?

Discus and support how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Basically what the title says. I never got the notification before and now that I factory reset my device, i'm getting it every time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by W.C. Blitzy, May 15, 2019.

1. how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours?

Basically what the title says. I never got the notification before and now that I factory reset my device, i'm getting it every time.

:)

W.C. Blitzy, May 15, 2019
  2. karlliss Win User

windows 10 is NOT restarting after a windows update even if is outside of active hours.

I start windows updates on my system and leave for dinner, expecting the updates to be finished and the system re-booted when i return.

when i return at 7:30 pm (outside of active hours) i find the update status screen with a status of "awaiting restart"

"your device is scheduled to restart outside of active hours. (Active hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)"

If i click on "restart now" everything completes normally.

I have a screen print showing this information along with the system clock showing that the current time is outside of active hours (is it possible to post that screen print here?)

This is NOT a new problem and actually happens on more than one PC, but i am getting tired of going though the extra steps and waiting for completion of this process that should have already finished while i was away from my PC.

Why won't my system reboot outside of active hours after updates are complete?

Windows 10 pro

version 1709

os build 16299.334

Active hours are 8am to 5pm.

karlliss, May 15, 2019
  3. windows 10 is not restarting during scheduled to restart outside of active hours.

It has now been 4 days since my computer began saying "Your device is scheduled to restart outside of active hours. (Active hours are ‏‎6:00 AM to ‏‎6:00 PM.)" It did this during the October update, also, I finally clicked on "restart now" to get it to
    finish the install.

Before the October update is was doing the updates automatically, any ideas on why it is not working the way it is suppose to now.

ElizebethMunden, May 15, 2019
  4. how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours?

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, May 15, 2019
Thema:

how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours?

1. how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours? - Similar Threads - turn off notification

2. How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?: I hate this "feature" of Windows deciding to restart my computer without my permission, just because it feels like it. Not only do I run a web server on my PC, but I also have many open documents at times, plenty of which I don't save. That doesn't mean I don't need the...
  3. Debugger restarting my computer in off hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Debugger restarting my computer in off hours: Howdy! I apologize in advance for what may be a redundant thread. My computer just started exhibiting a weird behavior wherein Windows restarts without incident during the hours in which I am not using it. I am mostly bothered by this because it didn't use to do this....
  4. Turn off notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  5. Turning off Update Notifications in GPO?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turning off Update Notifications in GPO?: I've been looking endlessly with no luck so hopefully someone here can give me a definitive answer. Preferably what I woud like is to completely disable the windows update center. I want it to neither automatically download, nor notify and ask to download updates to windows...
  6. Turn off Notifications about apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Notifications about apps: Hi there. Every 2 or 3 days, I got a notification telling me to turn off apps that reduce performance, etc. How can I turn this off for good? In prior windows version you could tell the system to turn off specific notifications. Where do you do it in Windows 10? I know how to...
  7. How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement?: My Lenovo X250 gives me an annoying hourly time announcement and I cant turn it off. I cant even find this tool online or find anyone with the same issue. I dont know if its a windows, lenovo or a third party feature. I installed Windows 10 on my desktop and it is on there...
  8. How to turn off notification sound ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off notification sound ?: How to turn off notification "audio" sound heard when update pop up window appears lower right screen as defender is updated done a scan it gives this piano type music I would like to disable. Anyone disabled this and how to do it ? Thanks! 79957
  9. How to turn off "news" notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off "news" notifications?: Hey, Is there a way to turn off the notifications that pop up in my right lower corner of the screen or even better to choose what type of notifications show up there? Last night I noticed some sort of News headline about the gunfire in Ferguson Missouri but I don't...
  10. How to turn off notifications about problem reports?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to turn off notifications about problem reports?: Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off: "Check for solutions to problem reports"? I would like to stop receiving notifications. In Control Panel/Security and Maintenance this feature is listed under "Maintenance" with no option to disable. On the left side...