Windows 10: How to turn off the notification "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or...

Discus and support How to turn off the notification "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to change some permissions and security on the folder "C:\Users" on my laptop drive. Then I couldnot access to the folder. With the help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kiel M, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Kiel M Win User

How to turn off the notification "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or...

Hello, I tried to change some permissions and security on the folder "C:\Users" on my laptop drive. Then I couldnot access to the folder. With the help from the GeorgeOfthejungle2006 through the post herehttps://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1b55a043-3f37-4060-a562-8109d4a00c98/an-error-occurred-while-applying-security-information-to-cboot-cbootmgr-chiberfilsys?forum=winserversecurity, I have granted the access. But after restart the laptop, I have get the two Windows notifications as the pictures bellow: Before I modifed the permissions and security, these notifications ha

:)

Kiel M, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Ernie San Win User

Microsoft Photos can't access specified device, path or file

Hello Suraj,

One of the possible reason why you are getting an error message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item",
    may be due to the corrupted shortcut, if the file needs a permission or
    error if the shortcut or installation is attempting to access a location that is not currently available such as a networked or a removable drive. In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to ask the following:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue? If yes, tell us more about it.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you checked if you are using the administrator access? If yes, do you have any guess or standard profile on your computer?
    • Which application are you using to access photos? Is it an application that you download from the Microsoft Store?

Meanwhile, we recommend checking the article about "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error when you try to install, update or start a program or file
    on this link. It's applicable to Windows 7, this is to guide us to
    isolate the main issue why you are unable to access the photos on your device.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jul 26, 2021
  3. cannot access the specified device path or file error

Hello Henry, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

Henry, I suggest you refer to the following article and check if that works for you.

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error when you try to install, update or start a program or file’

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/266924...

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to turn off the notification "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or...

'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.' Error.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, ‘'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item’ when trying to access one particular file. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you trying to access the shortcut of the file?
    • Which anti-virus are you using on the computer?

I would suggest you try running the application as an administrator and see if that helps. To do this, right click on the file and select
    Run as administrator.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or
    file" error when you try to install, update or start a program or file

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 7, however, holds good for Windows 10.

Alternatively, you can also try enabling hidden admin account and check if you are able to access the file in hidden admin account.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

net user administrator /active:yes
    4. After enabling the hidden admin, try accessing the file.

Note: Make sure to disable hidden admin by using the command
    net user administrator /active:no after performing the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. How to turn off the notification "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or... - Similar Threads - turn off notification

2. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: "C:\Program Files\AMD\Cnext\Cnext\ANDRSSERV.exe" cant be accessed it comes up whenever I try to launch a game Im still able to play it but its a popup. I tried to give it access but its not working and since the pc is brand new and I dont have anything on it I tried a factory...
  3. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: "C:\Program Files\AMD\Cnext\Cnext\ANDRSSERV.exe" cant be accessed it comes up whenever I try to launch a game Im still able to play it but its a popup. I tried to give it access but its not working and since the pc is brand new and I dont have anything on it I tried a factory...
  4. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello,a few days ago I started having the following problem: when I try to open a video in the, for example, Splash Lite, i get the message that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, etc." However, when I try to open the same file in Windows Media...
  6. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. ....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. ....: Hi,I'm receiving this on restart, after latest Windows Update. Please advise.Thanks!Regards,Harel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or/5e58ce4e-8538-4000-af10-c8bd19c8c2a1
  7. Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path, or File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path, or File: i have checked the properties and by all means i should be able to launch the new games i downloaded off the windows store but for some reason i continue to get the error message "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path, or File". this does not happen when playing...
  8. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...: I am trying to open task manager but it wont open with CTRL + ALT + Delete and CTRL + SHIFT + ESC so I tried opening it as an administrator from the search menu and it game this error: [ATTACH] is there a virus or what I tried every thing given at this page:...
  9. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: so i have had this problem it said this windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions and when i try to figer it out i dont have account roll of the adminster and i dont know what do plz help me it wold help a lot ps hi...
  10. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello. Just installed Win10. I'm having trouble both opening and renaming/changing some files. I had no trouble before on win8. I am administrator with elevated previliges. I changed UAC level to the lowest. I keep getting this error: "Windows cannot access the...