Windows 10: How to turn off the selection around items after I've clicked them once?

Discus and support How to turn off the selection around items after I've clicked them once? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Devourer-of-Gods [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Devourer-of-Gods, May 18, 2020.

1. How to turn off the selection around items after I've clicked them once?

/u/Devourer-of-Gods, May 18, 2020
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, May 18, 2020
  3. Can't double-click in Win10

Hi Alina,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View option in the file ribbon.
    • Click on Folder Options.
    • Under Click items as follows, select the option for
      Single-click to open an item (point to select)
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Restart the computer and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 18, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to turn off the selection around items after I've clicked them once?

Items getting selected when hovering mouse over it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to.

I would suggest you to check the settings mentioned below and see if that helps in making a difference:

Disable Hover feature:

You may want to disable the Hovering over feature for Mouse and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    4. Click on Ease of Access Center and click on
      Make the mouse easier to use.
    5. Clear the checkbox for Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse
      under Make it easier to manage windows.
    6. Click on OK.

Disable ClickLock

Sometimes if ClickLock is enabled any item gets highlighted through the Mouse. We can try disabling it and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Widows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type main.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Clear the checkbox for Turn on ClickLock.
    4. Click on OK.

Disable Single-click to open item

We can also check if the Single-click to open an item is enabled. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Widows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control folders and click on
      OK.
    3. Make sure the option, Double-click to open an item is selected.
    4. Click on OK.

You can customize the view of Outlook as per your requirement. For more information, see

Create, change, or customize a view

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2020
Thema:

How to turn off the selection around items after I've clicked them once?

1. How to turn off the selection around items after I've clicked them once? - Similar Threads - turn off selection

2. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  3. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  4. Items get deleted when clicked or selected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Items get deleted when clicked or selected.: So, whenever I left click on a folder or a file it gets deleted automatically. Then again when I try to recover my files from recycle bin a pop up comes up which says "do you want to delete your files permanently". My icons are also disappearing from my desktop whenever I...
  5. How to keep the link cursor selected grab after clicking once on the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to keep the link cursor selected grab after clicking once on the mouse: This is using a physical mouse If you go to this link - https://www.immobilienscout24.de/expose/92483121#/ and access the map, you could continuously left click and move around. I don't know how but I was fast and had pressed ctrl key on the keyboard don't know when - before...
  6. After right click on desktop the cursor is spinning/turning around.

in Windows 10 Customization
    After right click on desktop the cursor is spinning/turning around.: After starting the pc i right click on my windows 10 laptop but the cursor is spinnig like something is loading. And it lasting more than 10 minute. I have already tried sfc/scannow command but no results. What can i do?? Should i reinstall the windows?? Is Repeated...
  7. Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them: In Windows XP, when you had several open apps that showed up on the taskbar, you could Ctrl+left Click each one to select them. You could then close all of them at once. This is a little faster than right clicking each one on the taskbar & then selecting "Close window". Is...
  8. Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings: I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right clicking File Explorer in the taskbar. File Explorer seems to be the only place where the recent folders are shown. Does this...
  9. I cannot turn off a folder "group by" type once selecting one.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot turn off a folder "group by" type once selecting one.: Hello, Once I have turned on a "group by" sort that changes the view of the folder into groups, I cannot return the folder to a groupless mode, even if I remake it because when I name it the same thing, it reverts to the sort the former folder had strangly. Please...
  10. Turn On or Off Select Items using Check Boxes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Select Items using Check Boxes in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Select Items using Check Boxes in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Use Check Boxes to Select Items in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use check boxes to make selecting multiple items in any order easier to do in File Explorer and on your...