Windows 10: How to turn off the sound when you type

Discus and support How to turn off the sound when you type in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have looked online for a solution to this problem and the response was as below. HOWEVER there is not 'Sounds you hear' choice in the right hand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CGage, Dec 30, 2020.

1. CGage Win User

How to turn off the sound when you type

I have looked online for a solution to this problem and the response was as below. HOWEVER there is not 'Sounds you hear' choice in the right hand pane. I also looked in 'Devices' and followed other instructions to stop the noise that I am hearing right now as I type this, but again, to no avail. PLEASE tell me how to stop this annoying noise!

1. Navigate to Start>Settings>Ease of Access.
    2. In the left navigation pane, click on Narrator.
    3. In the right pane, under Sounds you hear, change the value to “Off” for words you type.

:)

CGage, Dec 30, 2020

2. How do i turn off the typing sounds on Win 10

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Ease of Access.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Narrator.
    • In the right pane, under Sounds you hear, change the value to “Off” for
      words you type.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 30, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How to turn off the sound when you type :p

cadaveca, Dec 30, 2020
  4. How to turn off the sound when you type

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

How to turn off the sound when you type

1. How to turn off the sound when you type - Similar Threads - turn off sound

2. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off swipe typing?: How to turn off swipe typing? It automatically starts working while normal typing and doesn't let me work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-swipe-typing/5b9c22cb-3c0a-4ce4-bfe7-e5df2e4d68a9
  3. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off swipe typing?: How to turn off swipe typing? It automatically starts working while normal typing and doesn't let me work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-swipe-typing/5b9c22cb-3c0a-4ce4-bfe7-e5df2e4d68a9
  4. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I turn off the thing that turns off your touchpad when you type.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the thing that turns off your touchpad when you type.: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop. I can't exactly game... When pressing the W key the touchpad doesn't work, is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-thing-that-turns-off-your/40e02993-0591-4e01-9fcf-9b9d9ec0d3a7
  6. How do I turn off the thing that turns off your touchpad when you type.

How do I turn off the thing that turns off your touchpad when you type.: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop. I can't exactly game... When pressing the W key the touchpad doesn't work, is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-thing-that-turns-off-your/40e02993-0591-4e01-9fcf-9b9d9ec0d3a7
  7. Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.: I have had this problem for some time. Carlo has worked with me and requested the make of my computer however I could not figure out how to get it to him and got disconnected. The speakers shut down when you turn the computer off at night. The trouble shooter fixes them when...
  8. Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.

Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.: I have had this problem for some time. Carlo has worked with me and requested the make of my computer however I could not figure out how to get it to him and got disconnected. The speakers shut down when you turn the computer off at night. The trouble shooter fixes them when...
  9. Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Sound when turning off computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound when turning off computer: Hello Tenforums! Simple question, every time I turn off my computer and the Windows 10 "Shutting Down" window comes up, I get a noise just before it fully shuts down, I checked if it was a sound that was set but there's no "shutting off" or "log out" sound, and I THINK...