Windows 10: How to turn off the tool tip boxes on Win10 App?

Discus and support How to turn off the tool tip boxes on Win10 App? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, when I use the Windows 10 Fitbit app, I keep getting these tooltips in red boxes popping up all over the place and getting in the way. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Emily185, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Emily185 Win User

How to turn off the tool tip boxes on Win10 App?

Hi, when I use the Windows 10 Fitbit app, I keep getting these tooltips in red boxes popping up all over the place and getting in the way. I tried to look at where to turn it off, but can't even find the app settings. (Many applications in general tend to have a 'turn off tutorial' option).

It is very frustrating to have them pop up, because they block the view and I don't want them - I know how to use the app.

(I saw there was a similar question "Turn off tips/tricks and inspiration?", but that's not what I have and I can't open the settings according to how the solution suggests anyway, because this is not a phone app.)

How do I turn it off?

:)

Emily185, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Wile E Win User

Handy OS X Tools and Apps

You should add VLC to that list. Plays most anything, except WMV/WMA.

And are we sticking to free tools? Cause I have suggestions for some that cost money, but are well worth it IMHO.

Wile E, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 6, 2018
  4. How to turn off the tool tip boxes on Win10 App?

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

How to turn off the tool tip boxes on Win10 App?

1. How to turn off the tool tip boxes on Win10 App? - Similar Threads - turn off tool

2. Win10 night light wont turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 night light wont turn off: My night light wont turn off, i have signed out then its off but as soon as I log back in it turns on and won't turn off again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-night-light-wont-turn-off/d8f324f5-e66d-4d60-ab4e-0b51ef641d7d
  3. Tool Tips getting in the way

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tool Tips getting in the way: There seems to be an abundance of tool tips where they are redundant and block other content. Is there a method to turn them off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tool-tips-getting-in-the-way/c8724c32-993a-43fc-adeb-52fcbabf7915
  4. How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app.: How do I get rid of Microsoft tips in settings app. Gort [img] 119315
  5. How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app.: How do I get rid of Microsoft tips in settings app. Gort [img] 119315
  6. Turn off Autoplay Videos on Win10 Facebook App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Autoplay Videos on Win10 Facebook App?: I dont see a way to turn on videos autoplaying on the Facebook App from the Windows store. Can anyone direct me to an answer or have a solution? Thanks in advance! JC 118324
  7. Turn off Notifications about apps

Turn off Notifications about apps: Hi there. Every 2 or 3 days, I got a notification telling me to turn off apps that reduce performance, etc. How can I turn this off for good? In prior windows version you could tell the system to turn off specific notifications. Where do you do it in Windows 10? I know how to...
  8. BASH AptPackageIndexUpdate - how to turn off?

BASH AptPackageIndexUpdate - how to turn off?: Every so often, BASH randomly seems to open AptPackageIndexUpdate, then seems to stay open as it continues to do things, whatever they might be, and uses a considerable proportion of CPU time: [img] It goes on doing something for ages, possibly forever, without any...
  9. Turn On or Off Cortana Tips in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Tips in Windows 10: Is there a way to do this via the registry? I am trying to do this for my organization and would need to do it programmatically. Thanks! 35428
  10. Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10: There is also a Group Policy for all users: "Do not show Windows Tips" Any ideas how to set that using the registry? 30869