Windows 10: How to turn off the top news in the start menu

Discus and support How to turn off the top news in the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Right click the bottom barPick News and InterestClick Turn OffRestart PC, you will not see the Top News Icon again.You can delete the app, but the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Carbohydrate_98, Jun 14, 2021.

1. How to turn off the top news in the start menu

Right click the bottom barPick News and InterestClick Turn OffRestart PC, you will not see the Top News Icon again.You can delete the app, but the same Top News Icon will show up. The above method works.

:)

Carbohydrate_98, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

I'm still seeing start menu ads dispite turning them off

Hello BreadedChicken, and welcome to Ten Forums. How to turn off the top news in the start menu :)

The Occasionally show suggestions in Start setting is only for the Suggested apps shown in the All Apps list in the Start menu instead.

*Arrow Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

You can also turn off automatic installation of suggested apps to completely stop them. Be sure to also read the blue note box at the top of the tutorial below for more info.

*Arrow Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Brink, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Slartybart, Jun 14, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

How to turn off the top news in the start menu

Paul Thurrott: Here are the Top User Requests for Windows

You can add / change it or whatever but try and get the size of text bigger even if you make the other stuff HUGE

For example - screenshots enc

I'd like the Start menu text to be the same size as the text when you RIGHT MOUSE click on the start (windows) button.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

How to turn off the top news in the start menu

1. How to turn off the top news in the start menu - Similar Threads - turn off top

2. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?: This method: Right click anywhere in the taskbarClick over 'News and Interests'DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS AND INTEREST SECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME THE SOLUTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  3. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?: This method: Right click anywhere in the taskbarClick over 'News and Interests'DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS AND INTEREST SECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME THE SOLUTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  4. how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off: so wanted to remove the top apps from the search menu and I turned it off in the settings but it didn't work how to I stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-the-top-apps-from-the-start-menu-off/7867171e-6895-4e0a-8638-7825b41ee0e3
  5. how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off: so wanted to remove the top apps from the search menu and I turned it off in the settings but it didn't work how to I stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-the-top-apps-from-the-start-menu-off/7867171e-6895-4e0a-8638-7825b41ee0e3
  6. How to turn off News icon

How to turn off News icon: I was sitting next to a friend as she was using my Surface Pro 6. Just as she was moving the mouse near the taskbar she sneezed and clicked the mouse. A yellow round icon appeared on the taskbar. If I click on it, it appears to be some sort news feed. How do I turn it off and...
  7. How to turn off START MENU AUTO EXPAND?

How to turn off START MENU AUTO EXPAND?: I am referring to the way in which you hover your mouse pointer over something like the power icon, and it automatically expands outward. I am well aware of the mach2 program that does it. Problem is, it is only a temporary solution. The auto expand will turn itself back...
  8. Turn off tiles in Start Menu

Turn off tiles in Start Menu: I saw how to disable the apps in the Start Menu. Can the tiles be disabled? I have never used them and never will. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tiles-in-start-menu/deb68d78-20e3-4c60-a11f-33eb505ec97c
  9. How to turn off "news" notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off "news" notifications?: Hey, Is there a way to turn off the notifications that pop up in my right lower corner of the screen or even better to choose what type of notifications show up there? Last night I noticed some sort of News headline about the gunfire in Ferguson Missouri but I don't...
  10. how to turn off random news storys

in Windows 10 Support
    how to turn off random news storys: Hi all Iv just picked up a HP pavilion x2 and with in 5min, windows 10 is annoying the hell out me. I keep getting random news storys coming through the speakers every 5min. it keeps telling me now that 50 cent has robbed$250,000 of jew (then cuts off mid word) so i dont...