Windows 10: How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

Discus and support How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a couple of apps that I've set to "Run as Admin" in their Properties. I thought that doing so would kill the prompt that appears everytime I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by orlando1974, Sep 22, 2018.

1. How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

I have a couple of apps that I've set to "Run as Admin" in their Properties. I thought that doing so would kill the prompt that appears everytime I launch them, but unfortunately no.

I have 2 different scenarios occurring and I would like to eliminate having to confirm that it's "safe" every time I launch:

User Account Control: "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" on a program I've already set to Run as Admin and has a verified publisher. (Light Blue Box)

User Account Control: "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?" on a program I've already set to Run as Admin and has Publisher: Unknown. (Yellow Box)

Super grateful for anyone who can provide a solution to this!

:)

orlando1974, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

User Account Control: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

Hi Josh,

User Account Control helps prevent malware from damaging a computer. It also allows all users to log on to their computers using a standard user account. To isolate your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Do you have an antivirus application installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you change your User Account Control Settings in Control Panel to modify the Settings. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click User Accounts icon.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • This will open the C:\Windows\System32\UserAccountControlSettings.exe file.
    • If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes.
    • Move the slider up or down to the setting for how you want to be notified by User Account Control, and click OK.
    • If prompted by UAC, click Yes.
    • When finished, you can close User Accounts.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 22, 2018
  3. User Account Control prompt - Normal user - Windows 10 Home

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if this helps.

• Open the Local Security Policy editor. Follow these steps:
    1. Right click on Start and select Control Panel.

2. Select/search Administrative Tools.

3. Now double click on Local Security Policy.

• In the left pane, expand Local Policies, and click/tap on
      Security Options.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on
      User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on
      User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users
    • In your case you have to select Automatically deny elevation requests.
    NOTE: The default setting is
    Prompt for credentials.

• Close the Local Security Policy editor.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 22, 2018
  4. How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

User account Control

Hi,

Administrator accounts are accounts that are allowed complete control over a computer. They are allowed to make changes to settings, get through the User Account Control or UAC prompts to perform elevated tasks, and install programs. which is why in order
    to change the account type of the guest account into an administrator, you will need access or permission to use an administrator account on your computer.

Once you have access to the administrator account on your computer, follow the steps below on how you can change the user account type of the guest account through the Settings app:

• Click Start, and then Settings.
    • Click on Accounts, and then Family & other people.
    • Click to select the guest account, and then click the Change account type button.
    • Click on Standard User to open the drop down menu, and then select
      Administrator.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

1. How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed? - Similar Threads - turn off User

2. APP & Browser control turned OFF.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APP & Browser control turned OFF.: Downloaded 3 MSFT /Flash Player updates Tue & Wed. 7/7&8/2020. The latest download was for Windows 10, Version 2004. Today checking security I had an alert that my APP & Browser Control was OFF. Never had this before. Followed the steps to turn it back on but had no luck. I...
  3. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps: I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file nupdate.exe is pop up from time to time. Is there a CMD or PowerShell command to turn off UAC or to disable this nupdate.exe...
  4. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps: I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file nupdate.exe is pop up from time to time. Is there a CMD or PowerShell command to turn off UAC or to disable this nupdate.exe...
  5. Turn off user account control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off user account control: Every time start my laptop is get this notification on my windows "restart this computer to turn off user account control". many methods implemented but nothing to gain.. was hoping that update 2004 may resolve this problem. but still facing the same issue when start my...
  6. User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall

User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall: Recently User Account Control prompting to allow changes to Windows Defender Firewall. It appears to be happening on Windows 10 machines so far. Is this something to be alarmed about?...
  7. How to allow an app to turn on bluetooth

in Windows 10 Support
    How to allow an app to turn on bluetooth: Greetings, I would like to know if it is possible for an application turn on bluetooth on my Windows 10 Home 64 bit desktop PC. PC is a HP Slimline 290-a0002a desktop, MB is NewarkP, Processor Celeron J5005 (Gemini Lake) with integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600, 8GB DDR4-2400...
  8. How to COMPLETELY turn off User Account Control...?

How to COMPLETELY turn off User Account Control...?: Hello, We have two users on one of our Win 10 systems. One account is a regular user, and the other is an Administrator. Right now, when I log onto the Admin account, User Account Control displays at the bottom of the slider (and that is what I want.) But when I log...
  9. How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?: I have a couple of apps that I've set to "Run as Admin" in their Properties. I thought that doing so would kill the prompt that appears everytime I launch them, but unfortunately no. I have 2 different scenarios occurring and I would like to eliminate having to confirm that...
  10. How to turn off User Account Control

How to turn off User Account Control: I am finding it very hard to find all the settings. the PC Settings tab has very little on it. I would love to have my Control Panel back, but the first thing I want is to turn off the useless User Account Control. It does nothing but waste time asking if I want to open a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device prompts for credentials

2. how to turn off the user control prompt for apps already allowed