Windows 10: How to turn off the Windows Defender notification-icon in v1703?

Discus and support How to turn off the Windows Defender notification-icon in v1703? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Tried the group policy, tried the direct registry setting, tried the notification-settings - nothing works anymore. Does anyone know the magic trick to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Starhowl, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Starhowl Win User

How to turn off the Windows Defender notification-icon in v1703?

Tried the group policy, tried the direct registry setting, tried the notification-settings - nothing works anymore. Does anyone know the magic trick to turn off the Windows Defender notification-icon?
    The icon I am speaking off:
    How to turn off the Windows Defender notification-icon in v1703? [​IMG]

Any ideas?

:)

Starhowl, Apr 11, 2017
  2. Jsssssssss, Apr 11, 2017
  3. Remove windows defender icon from the tray on win 10

Hi Vaso,

To help you remove Windows Defender icon from your computer's system tray, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click taskbar, and then choose Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off the Windows Defender notification icon.
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Apr 11, 2017
  4. How to turn off the Windows Defender notification-icon in v1703?

Wiley Coyote, Apr 11, 2017
  5. Starhowl Win User
    Starhowl, Apr 12, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Why not? It's simple to open Task Manager, just right-click on the taskbar and select it.

You need to be an administrator (or to run Task Manager as an administrator) to be able to disable anything in Start-up. Any other way of removing the icon would also require admin rights, such as running this in a command prompt:
    taskkill /im MSASCuiL.exe

Without admin rights, your only alternative is to move the Defender icon into the 'Hidden icons', only visible when you click the up-arrow in the notification area.

Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to turn off the Windows Defender notification-icon in v1703?

1. How to turn off the Windows Defender notification-icon in v1703? - Similar Threads - turn off Defender

2. how to turn off Windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off Windows defender?: how do you turn off Windows security in Windows 10. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-windows-defender/e6b1ad36-a72e-495f-bade-601143f7d0a8
  3. how to turn off Windows defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn off Windows defender?: how do you turn off Windows security in Windows 10. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-windows-defender/e6b1ad36-a72e-495f-bade-601143f7d0a8
  4. how to turn off Windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows Firewall has now been renamed to Windows Defender Firewall. If Windows Firewall is […] This article How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?

How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?: 1. Since our Windows 10-Home is on a router I've been told that I don't need to have the Windows Firewall On. Assuming that is still true, how do I turn off the warning message that the firewall is off? 2. How do I get the Malwarebyes icon to be pinned to the always visible...
  7. How to turn OFF Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn OFF Windows Defender: I have an A/V Program and need to disable Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-windows-defender/aae6c335-538b-4518-8b19-b13591227886
  8. how to turn off windows defender

how to turn off windows defender: Don't want windows defender. Have my own security. Tried on line tutorials but the methods seem different. Click start -> Type windows defender. Have a side menu starting with Windows update, Windows security down to windows insider program. Right side Virus threat down...
  9. How do I turn off just the DEFENDER NOTIFICATIONS

How do I turn off just the DEFENDER NOTIFICATIONS: Hello All: I see how to turn off the REAL TIME PROTECTION but that is not what I want to do, I want to stop DEFENDER from throwing up the constant flow of Windows Defender Found Threats & is REMOVING THEM. I don't think I'm going to sites that would give me that much...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center will send notifications with critical information about the health and...