Windows 10: How to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click on Windows 11

Discus and support How to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click on Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are using a Windows 11-installed laptop and want to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click, here is how you can do that. It is possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 29, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click on Windows 11

How to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click on Windows 11 turn-off-touchpad-tap-to-click-windows-11-1.jpg
    If you are using a Windows 11-installed laptop and want to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click, here is how you can do that. It is possible to disable or turn off single finger as well as two fingers tap to click functionality in Windows 11 using this step-by-step tutorial. Let’s assume that you are using […]

This article How to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click on Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 29, 2021
  2. julianCG Win User

turning off tapping on touchpad

After a windows update the touchpad on my laptop now uses tap to click. I've been through lots of mouse, pionter & touchpad settings but it will not give me the option to turn off tapping.

Can anyone come up with anything?

Thanks very much.

julianCG, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Touchpad: Tap twice to drag

Here's how it works standardly:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger to stop dragging

Here's what I like it to do:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger
    5. Reposition finger and continue dragging by flicking the touchpad some more
    6. (repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as desired)
    7. Release finger and perform one addditional tap to stop dragging

That's what it used to be like in the Windows 7 era with most touchpads. Some people found it annoying and disabled it, but I welcomed it.

I know dragging continues when your finger reaches the touchpad edges, but that I find greatly irritating because it looses all sense of precision. This mechanism is stupendously irritating when trying to pixel-precise drag a trackbar, or when doing some
    painting in photoshop on the go. Or just anything that requires precision.

So I'd like to disable "drag continues at touchpad edge" and enable "require additional tap to stop dragging".

So how can I do that?

If not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, Sep 29, 2021
  4. dsmith888 Win User

Lenovo T400 touchpad tapping and buttons fail

I recently made a mistake. I loaded the latest Synaptic touchpad to this T400 attempting to fix 'zoom' capability. Only afterwards I noticed T400 is not on the approved list. So I rolled back (also redownloaded, also reapplied old driver). The current situation is the cursor works fine but tapping and buttons do not work. Also note that USB mouse via HID compliant driver works fine.

I don't think it is related to the Windows version (currently on 1903) since I booted from Kyhi's 1703 rescue disk and the problem persists. What suggestions can this forum provide?

Thanks in advance

dsmith888, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

1. How to turn off Touchpad Tap to Click on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - turn off Touchpad

2. How to fix ""Turn on Windows Firewall. Windows Firewall is turned off. Tap or click to turn...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix ""Turn on Windows Firewall. Windows Firewall is turned off. Tap or click to turn...: I use an Dell Inspiron 15 3511, Windows 11 pro. About a week ago I reinstalled Malwarebytes privacy using Malwarebytes Support Tool ,because the program refused to open. During the process of reinstalling I accidently clicked “repair Windows Firewall”. Nothing major changed...
  3. How do I turn off tap to click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off tap to click?: I have looked and gone through the community forums but I cannot find the setting. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-tap-to-click/c8fa15d8-0931-4aed-b2fd-af3b7ab1d45b
  4. How do I turn off tap to click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off tap to click?: I have looked and gone through the community forums but I cannot find the setting. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-tap-to-click/c8fa15d8-0931-4aed-b2fd-af3b7ab1d45b
  5. How do I turn off tap to click?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How to turn off “Tap to click” on touchpad, Windows 10 in 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off “Tap to click” on touchpad, Windows 10 in 2021: All of these solutions on the Internet show a screen that has additional options that I do not have. I have seen other people ask a similar question, with no resolution. Please re-add the option to turn off “tap to click” so we can all get on with our lives. Who on earth is...
  7. Is there a way to turn off "tap to click" on the touchpad under Windows 10?

Is there a way to turn off "tap to click" on the touchpad under Windows 10?: Both my work and home laptops are virtually impossible to type on because the tap to click feature causes the cursor to jump all over the screen while I'm typing. Why is there no longer an option to turn off that ridiculous feature? Everyone I know has an issue with this,...
  8. turning off tapping on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off tapping on touchpad: After a windows update the touchpad on my laptop now uses tap to click. I've been through lots of mouse, pionter & touchpad settings but it will not give me the option to turn off tapping. Can anyone come up with anything? Thanks very much....
  9. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  10. How to turn off tap-to-click function on touchpad (Lenovo ideapad 330)

How to turn off tap-to-click function on touchpad (Lenovo ideapad 330): I just bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 a few days ago, but I find it impossible to turn off the tap to click function on it's touchpad. There is supposed to be an option to do this in the mouse settings, but when I go there, there is none. I had two other people on the case to...