Windows 10: How to turn off USB when the system is shut down?

Discus and support How to turn off USB when the system is shut down? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I hope I am posting In the right place. The LED on my mouse remain on when my PC is shutdown, it lights up the whole room at night. I’ve been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gremar, Mar 25, 2018.

1. gremar Win User

How to turn off USB when the system is shut down?

Hello, I hope I am posting In the right place.
    The LED on my mouse remain on when my PC is shutdown, it lights up the whole room at night.
    I’ve been told to disable it in the Bios but I struggled to find where
    How can I disable the USB ports in the Bios?
    The motherboard is Gigabyte Z370M D3H
    Thank you

:)

gremar, Mar 25, 2018
  2. ShakeR2S5 Win User

USB ports stay powered after shut down

USB port stay powered after shut down on my Windows 10 computer. Before I had Windows 7 and I didn't have problem, everything turned off when I turned off my computer. Now when I shut it down my mouse and headset stays on. How could I fix it? Kinda annoying
    when you want to sleep and your mouse is flashing..

ShakeR2S5, Mar 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Input Indicator icon on taskbar

When the computer starts the Input Indicator icon displays "ENG" alongside the clock in the taskbar.

I use Settings\System\Notifications & Actions\Turn system icons on or off and change the setting for Input Indicator to "Off".

This works fine as the "ENG" icon disappears. However when the computer is restarted after being shut down the "ENG" icon re-appears. It seems that this setting is just temporary and reverts to "On" when shut down.

How do I make the Input Indicator setting remain "Off"?

Keith_Stone, Mar 25, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Try a different USB port. You may have used one that is set up as a USB power point for recharging devices even when the system is shut down.

philc43, Mar 25, 2018
  5. gremar Win User
    Thanks for reply
    Yes I have tried all the available USB ports and they are all powered on. Why they do this?

gremar, Mar 25, 2018
  6. This is done so people can wake up the PC using their USB keyboard/mouse.

Under Power options in BIOS you can try disabling "Power On By Keyboard" and "Power On By Mouse". You can also try enabling "ErP".

PolarNettles, Mar 25, 2018
  7. gremar Win User
    Thank you PolarNettles that worked

gremar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to turn off USB when the system is shut down? - Similar Threads - turn off USB

2. laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off: my laptop suddenly turned completly off and wont turn back on unless i take out the battery and put it back in, when it powers off automatically or when i power it off it shuts down completely...
  3. laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off: my laptop suddenly turned completly off and wont turn back on unless i take out the battery and put it back in, when it powers off automatically or when i power it off it shuts down completely...
  4. laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. laptop shuts down completely and whont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop shuts down completely and whont turn back on when i turn it off: my laptop suddenly turned completly off and wont turn back on unless i take out the battery and put it back in, when it powers off automatically or when i power it off it shuts down completely...
  6. laptop shuts down completely and whont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop shuts down completely and whont turn back on when i turn it off: my laptop suddenly turned completly off and wont turn back on unless i take out the battery and put it back in, when it powers off automatically or when i power it off it shuts down completely...
  7. laptop shuts down completely and whont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Turn off swipe to shut down on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off swipe to shut down on Windows 11?: I have accidentally shut my Surface down several times causing me to lose work. How do I turn off the swipe to shut down gesture from the lock screen for Widows 11?...
  9. Computer turning off after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  10. Computer does not turn off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does not turn off after shutting down: Dell Optiplex 780, had Windows 7 64-bit, upgraded to Windows 10 via the free upgrade. Now every time I tell Windows 10 to shut down, it does the shut down sequence but the computer itself remains on. The power light is on and the computer itself is running. The Only way to...