Windows 10: How to turn off User Account Control

Discus and support How to turn off User Account Control in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am finding it very hard to find all the settings. the PC Settings tab has very little on it. I would love to have my Control Panel back, but the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mac173173, Oct 10, 2014.

1. mac173173 Win User

How to turn off User Account Control

I am finding it very hard to find all the settings. the PC Settings tab has very little on it. I would love to have my Control Panel back, but the first thing I want is to turn off the useless User Account Control. It does nothing but waste time asking if I want to open a program I installed and clicked on. If I didn't want it to run, why did I install it and click on it?

Anyone had any luck turning it off in Win10?

:)

mac173173, Oct 10, 2014
  2. WMTA1 Win User

Turn off User Account Control

Hi WatsonMike!

Just checking back with you to see if you have been able to resolve your issue. We hope that the information provided by fiat_lux helped resolve the issue. If not, please let us know the current status so we can continue to provide recommendations and
    suggestions.

Thanks!

Thank you from the Microsoft Windows Mobile Team

http://www.WindowsMobile.com/TotalAccess

WMTA1, Oct 10, 2014
  3. Resourceful, Oct 10, 2014
  4. AddRAM Win User

I always turn it off. Are you having a problem turning it off ?

Are you saying you can`t get into the control panel ?

3 things you can do.....

Type C in the search bar,

Add Classic Shell to windows, so you can have the Windows 7 start menu and you can add whatever you want to it.

Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

or...... just put the Control Panel icon on the desktop, just as you would with Windows 7.

AddRAM, Oct 10, 2014
  5. mac173173 Win User
    That is what I am saying. I do not have Win8, so the UI is unfamiliar to me.

mac173173, Oct 10, 2014
  6. Dude Win User
    To turn off UAC

Open Control Panel.
    Click User Accounts.
    Click Change User Account Settings.
    Move the slider:
    Set to Never Notify to turn UAC OFF
    Click OK.
    Restart your computer.

• How to turn off User Account Control [​IMG]
      Tip You must be logged in with admin rights

7. mac173173 Win User
    "My Start menu does not have a Control Panel link or Icon."
    That was my reply, but when I RIGHT-clicked on the Start button I got a list that included the Control Panel.
    UAC turned off, and I am much happier with my Control Panel within my grasp!

Thanks.

mac173173, Oct 10, 2014
  8. linw Win User

Yep, that rt-click gives access to lots of useful functions.

9. genet Win User
    User Account Control (UAC) helps defend your computer against hackers and malicious software. Any time a program wants to make a major change to your computer, UAC lets you know and asks for permission. If you turn off UAC, it will weaken the security of your computer.

Use a standard user account instead of an administrator account. Take a look at this post: link

genet, Oct 10, 2014
  10. AddRAM Win User
    We all know what it`s for. Let`s not get into another debate of whether it`s a bad idea or a good idea. The OP wants to turn it off.

AddRAM, Oct 11, 2014
  11. BillyBob Win User
    That right click has been there all through Windows 8, I think I'm starting to understand why people had problems with Windows 8.

BillyBob, Oct 11, 2014
  12. mac173173 Win User
    Odd, as I disabled it several days after I installed Win7 (within a week of release) and the only time I have gotten a virus was when my daughter got on my computer with my login. That is ONE time since release.

Well, it is off now, and again, thanks for telling me about the right click.

BTW, I never used WIN8 because it was too radial a change to the UI with no benefits. Even after the 8.1 update and you could use the desktop by default, there just was no reason to get 8.

mac173173, Oct 11, 2014
  13. DRFP Win User

Hmm you do not need Classic shell, I added a tile link to Classic control panel to the side menu and can easily get to all the settings, also using search works to find "User Account Control" I would not install classic shell, I feel it is not needed in 10 with the start button back, I have found everything as I have it in 7. Take some time to work with it and learn where things are, took me about 30 minutes.

14. mac173173 Win User
    I am not using the side menu. I don't see any use for it. It is added space to the Start menu for what used to be pinned to the top of the Win7 Start menu, but just taking up a lot more space. If I want an App, Program or location pinned, I want that either on the top of my Start menu, or on my Task Bar.

That side menu is designed for tablet and phone users. The larger interface makes touching the tile to access it easier. I see that as useful for a small device, but useless for a PC. I have provided feedback to MS on my opinions, but I will repeat part of it here. MS's main problem is that they think a single program can work on all devices, and I disagree. So far I see too many compromises. The focus on Apps over programs, the larger, flat and dull interface to accomodate a touch interface and lower power needs. These things have no use on a PC. I have an 850 watt PSU, I don't need to save power. I don't have a touch screen. I have a gaming graphics card, I don't need or want a flat interface to save video resources.
    The mix of features just cobbles together a system that is not optimized for PC use, and most likely will not be optimized for small devices (I will never know, I would not own a MS tablet or Phone). I know this is not the full OS yet, so this feedback is in hope that they make changes to make the PC software designed for the PC, not for any device.

mac173173, Oct 11, 2014
  15. mac173173 Win User
    BTW, the search bar did not search my computer, it searched with BING. So I did not find my UAC settings on my computer, I get search results for websites. The internet search from that bar is another feature I do not like. I will use a web browser to search the web, I want a search bar to search my computer. Again, that is a feature that is used on small devices, not on PC's.

mac173173, Oct 11, 2014
Thema:

1. How to turn off User Account Control - Similar Threads - turn off User

2. I accidentally installed a virus that turned my user account control off permanently? and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally installed a virus that turned my user account control off permanently? and...: hi, today I tried to install some software and it told me to restart my computer, I restarted it and now the user account control is off and the security centre service is off. I turned the security service back on and it says it couldn't start the service.so then I tried...
  3. Windows Defender Disappeared & User Account Control Turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Disappeared & User Account Control Turns off: Hi,I am Naim.I am facing some problems with my pc. I am using windows 10 pro. Suddenly the Windows Defender disappeared from my pc. If I try to start it from "Security and Maintenance" an error message appears “The Windows Security Centre service can’t be started”. I tried...
  4. Windows Defender Disappeared & User Account Control Turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Disappeared & User Account Control Turns off: Hi,I am Naim.I am facing some problems with my pc. I am using windows 10 pro. Suddenly the Windows Defender disappeared from my pc. If I try to start it from "Security and Maintenance" an error message appears “The Windows Security Centre service can’t be started”. I tried...
  5. Windows Defender Disappeared & User Account Control Turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How can I turn off user account control for one specific program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off user account control for one specific program?: Hi there, Whenever I open the program the annoying windows 10 UAC always pops up even I clearly know that the program is safe, is there a way to disable this? I don't want to turn it off completely but only for this particular program , thank you submitted by...
  7. Turn off user account control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off user account control: Every time start my laptop is get this notification on my windows "restart this computer to turn off user account control". many methods implemented but nothing to gain.. was hoping that update 2004 may resolve this problem. but still facing the same issue when start my...
  8. How to COMPLETELY turn off User Account Control...?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to COMPLETELY turn off User Account Control...?: Hello, We have two users on one of our Win 10 systems. One account is a regular user, and the other is an Administrator. Right now, when I log onto the Admin account, User Account Control displays at the bottom of the slider (and that is what I want.) But when I log...
  9. How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?: I have a couple of apps that I've set to "Run as Admin" in their Properties. I thought that doing so would kill the prompt that appears everytime I launch them, but unfortunately no. I have 2 different scenarios occurring and I would like to eliminate having to confirm that...
  10. How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?: I have a couple of apps that I've set to "Run as Admin" in their Properties. I thought that doing so would kill the prompt that appears everytime I launch them, but unfortunately no. I have 2 different scenarios occurring and I would like to eliminate having to confirm that...