Windows 10: How to turn off User Account Control

Discus and support How to turn off User Account Control in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am not using the side menu. I don't see any use for it. It is added space to the Start menu for what used to be pinned to the top of the Win7 Start... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mac173173, Oct 10, 2014.

1. DRFP Win User

How to turn off User Account Control

I see, Win 10 uses the APPs from the MS APP store and you can put tiles (resized) there, I installed more than a few APPs already and like them. To me this is an improvement. I think you should look at it again and see. You should also be able to make a link and put in the menu of the start button on the stock Win 10.

I do not agree its only for phone and tablets, they work on laptops too. And I have it on a non touch laptop

2. AddRAM Win User

What search bar did you use ? One from a web page ?

You need to use the search bar on the start menu, all you have to do is type in the letters co and the Control Panel shows up on the list.

Or put the Control Panel icon on the desktop as I suggested in my 1st post.

Just install Classic Shell and you`ll be a happy camper *Wink

AddRAM, Oct 11, 2014
  3. mac173173 Win User
    I was searching for "user account control" not "control panel". Also, your Start Button looks nothing like mine. Totally different interface.
    The results for a search for "user account control" results in a web search from the Start Button search panel.

The results are now showing UAC, but the search learns as you search, and I have done this search several times now.

How to turn off User Account Control [​IMG]

This is my start button....

How to turn off User Account Control [​IMG]

Notice that the search bar says "Search Everywhere", not Search. I would rather it only searched the computer. If I want to see results on the web, I will open Chrome.

mac173173, Oct 11, 2014
  4. AddRAM Win User

Did you not look at my 2nd picture ?

Go to the Control Panel then you choose User Accounts.

Why are you making this so difficult ?

Right there in your picture I can see User Account Control, just click on it.

And our start buttons are exactly the same, not sure what you`re talking about

AddRAM, Oct 11, 2014
  5. Rickkins Win User
    This is what I do....

Here is the solution:

1. Open "Run" (Windows + R or in the Metro UI menu), type "regedit" and hit enter.
    2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Policies\System".
    3. On the right side find "EnableLUA" and change it to from 1 to 0.
    4. Reboot your system and UAC is completely disabled.

Rickkins, Oct 11, 2014
  6. caperjack Win User
    right click on the windows icon lower left ,click the search that's in there, choice 4 from the bottom , its the one that use to open from the charms bar or when you typed on the start screen in win8 ,when it opens you see everywhere ,click on the arrow next to that and choose where you want it to search ,you get 5 options ,enjoy

caperjack, Oct 11, 2014
  7. AddRAM Win User
    @ Rickkins

No need to do all that.

AddRAM, Oct 11, 2014
  8. caperjack Win User

caperjack, Oct 11, 2014
  9. Rickkins Win User
    Best method, imho, and it takes under a minute.

Rickkins, Oct 12, 2014
  10. brummyfan Win User
    Start search by typing "use.....", click the user account control settings(blue flag) and use the slider to "never notify".
    Attachment 6949

EDIT: NM, Caperjack has already posted*Redface

brummyfan, Oct 12, 2014
  11. SE7EN Win User
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "EnableLUA"=dword:00000000

restart PC

SE7EN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to turn off User Account Control - Similar Threads - turn off User

2. I accidentally installed a virus that turned my user account control off permanently? and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally installed a virus that turned my user account control off permanently? and...: hi, today I tried to install some software and it told me to restart my computer, I restarted it and now the user account control is off and the security centre service is off. I turned the security service back on and it says it couldn't start the service.so then I tried...
  3. Windows Defender Disappeared & User Account Control Turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Disappeared & User Account Control Turns off: Hi,I am Naim.I am facing some problems with my pc. I am using windows 10 pro. Suddenly the Windows Defender disappeared from my pc. If I try to start it from "Security and Maintenance" an error message appears “The Windows Security Centre service can’t be started”. I tried...
  4. Windows Defender Disappeared & User Account Control Turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Disappeared & User Account Control Turns off: Hi,I am Naim.I am facing some problems with my pc. I am using windows 10 pro. Suddenly the Windows Defender disappeared from my pc. If I try to start it from "Security and Maintenance" an error message appears “The Windows Security Centre service can’t be started”. I tried...
  5. Windows Defender Disappeared & User Account Control Turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How can I turn off user account control for one specific program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off user account control for one specific program?: Hi there, Whenever I open the program the annoying windows 10 UAC always pops up even I clearly know that the program is safe, is there a way to disable this? I don't want to turn it off completely but only for this particular program , thank you submitted by...
  7. Turn off user account control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off user account control: Every time start my laptop is get this notification on my windows "restart this computer to turn off user account control". many methods implemented but nothing to gain.. was hoping that update 2004 may resolve this problem. but still facing the same issue when start my...
  8. How to COMPLETELY turn off User Account Control...?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to COMPLETELY turn off User Account Control...?: Hello, We have two users on one of our Win 10 systems. One account is a regular user, and the other is an Administrator. Right now, when I log onto the Admin account, User Account Control displays at the bottom of the slider (and that is what I want.) But when I log...
  9. How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?: I have a couple of apps that I've set to "Run as Admin" in their Properties. I thought that doing so would kill the prompt that appears everytime I launch them, but unfortunately no. I have 2 different scenarios occurring and I would like to eliminate having to confirm that...
  10. How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?: I have a couple of apps that I've set to "Run as Admin" in their Properties. I thought that doing so would kill the prompt that appears everytime I launch them, but unfortunately no. I have 2 different scenarios occurring and I would like to eliminate having to confirm that...