Windows 10: How to turn off virtual machine platform feature

Discus and support How to turn off virtual machine platform feature in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I turned on virtual machine platform feature and it restarted the pc. while it restarting it stuck at 35% and in few seconds got bluescreen now i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by suminda dilshan, Sep 27, 2022.

1. How to turn off virtual machine platform feature

I turned on virtual machine platform feature and it restarted the pc. while it restarting it stuck at 35% and in few seconds got bluescreen now i cant boot windows it keep getting bluescreen and bootlooping. i went to advance startup menu and tried to turn off virtual machine platform via command prompt and it gives me error code 50 how to fix it i dont want to lose my data

:)

suminda dilshan, Sep 27, 2022

2. [Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform

In what case would I need to install the Virtual Machine Platform (found in - Turn Windows features on or off)? What is it good for?

artifact4727, Sep 27, 2022
  3. can't turn on virtual platform machine after restarting it stucks black

i am able to perform above steps but at the time i go to control panel <turn windows features on or of <VIRTUAL PLATFORM MACHINE AND I ENABLE THIS OPTION IT RESTARTS MY PC SHOWING WORKING ON UPDATES IT STUCKS BLACK AT THAT TIME

yashrajdwivedi, Sep 27, 2022
  4. How to turn off virtual machine platform feature

can't turn on virtual platform machine after restarting it stucks black

I asked for you to clarify what you are trying to do if it's not install Windows to a Virtual Machine. Why are you installing Virtual Platform machine exactly?

Here are fixes for when Virtual Platform Machine causes freezes or crashes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bashonubuntuonwindows/...

If you're installing Virtual Platform machine and it's causing WIndows 11 to freeze after restart, have you considered using Hyper V instead as it is more complete - as explained in this article:

https://www.urtech.ca/2021/07/solved-hyperv-vs-...

https://superuser.com/questions/1510172/hyper-v...

Please report back results for each step in each link, so I know what else to suggest. I will then keep helping you until this is resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

How to turn off virtual machine platform feature

1. How to turn off virtual machine platform feature - Similar Threads - turn off virtual

2. DPC Watchdog Violation after turning on Virtual Machine Platform on Windows Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation after turning on Virtual Machine Platform on Windows Feature: Hello! I've been trying to install WSL2 on my PC since last month and I always encounter a BSOD with stop code: DPC Watchdog Violation whenever I restart my PC after installation. In the end, I get to do system restore, failing to install WSL2. This time, I tried to turn on...
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation after turning on Virtual Machine Platform on Windows Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC Watchdog Violation after turning on Virtual Machine Platform on Windows Feature: Hello! I've been trying to install WSL2 on my PC since last month and I always encounter a BSOD with stop code: DPC Watchdog Violation whenever I restart my PC after installation. In the end, I get to do system restore, failing to install WSL2. This time, I tried to turn on...
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation after turning on Virtual Machine Platform on Windows Feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to Turn on "Virtual Machine Platform" in the "turn windows feature on or off" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Turn on "Virtual Machine Platform" in the "turn windows feature on or off" settings: When I turned on the "Virtual Machine Platform" option and restarted the pc , the update is stopping at 30% and it tries to restart multiple times but runs into blue screen showing "Windows cannot restart use Recovery Tools "I'm doing this to work with linux distributions...
  6. Unable to Turn on "Virtual Machine Platform" in the "turn windows feature on or off" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Turn on "Virtual Machine Platform" in the "turn windows feature on or off" settings: When I turned on the "Virtual Machine Platform" option and restarted the pc , the update is stopping at 30% and it tries to restart multiple times but runs into blue screen showing "Windows cannot restart use Recovery Tools "I'm doing this to work with linux distributions...
  7. How to turn off virtual machine platform feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off virtual machine platform feature: I turned on virtual machine platform feature and it restarted the pc. while it restarting it stuck at 35% and in few seconds got bluescreen now i cant boot windows it keep getting bluescreen and bootlooping. i went to advance startup menu and tried to turn off virtual machine...
  8. BSOD when enabling Virtual Machine Platform feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when enabling Virtual Machine Platform feature: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop with a Ryzen 7 4700u and I've been trying to install WSL2 but with no success so far. Following the guide from the Microsoft Docs, I get a BSOD with the following error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after enabling the Virtual...
  9. Virtual Machine Platform Windows not available to turn on in "Turn Windows Features on or Off"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Machine Platform Windows not available to turn on in "Turn Windows Features on or Off": [ATTACH] I am On windows 10 2004. Virtual Machine Platform Windows not available to turn on in "Turn Windows Features on or Off." I need it for WSL. https://preview.redd.it/5qi8h5ejtv951.png?width=613&format=png&auto=webp&s=91e8f69cf81d24f28b51b177f47f6da12921bb68...
  10. [Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform: In what case would I need to install the Virtual Machine Platform (found in - Turn Windows features on or off)? What is it good for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-features-virtual-machine-platform/9a31aa63-36bc-4e6c-a054-e8dc47af3c0e