Windows 10: how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour

Discus and support how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; see subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-voice-that-announces-the-time/1260b4f0-414b-49da-81f6-8a687dc17f7b Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tomkennedy-593, Aug 11, 2019.

1. how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour

see subject

:)

tomkennedy-593, Aug 11, 2019

2. Can I turn off the voice that announces my incoming phone #'s.

Thanx for your timely reply. I have turned off the audio confirmations, but i still get the voice announcing the incoming call. Any other suggestions?

starrycreaturz, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Entegy Win User
    Navigation should announce street name every time

There are voices you can download that will announce street names. Look in the app's settings.

The app also does announce the next step right after a turn. Not sure why it's not for you. It always does for me, then usually announces again at set intervals such as 1km, 600km, 200km, the turn itself.

I've never been led astray by the navigation. In fact, the few times I doubted HERE Drive, I've gone the wrong way.

Entegy, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Jo-se-ph Win User

how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour

Voice Command is not announcing incoming calls

Voice Command 1.6 + Windows Mobile 6 Pro [CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)] + AT&T Tilt (HTC 8925/Kaiser) + Motorola H500 (Bluetooth Hands Free):

• All announcing works except Announce incoming calls - When checked or uncheck, Voice Command will
      not speak the calling name or number aloud interleaved with the current ring tone through device speaker or
      Bluetooth.

Calendar announcing appointments and I can say commands through Bluetooth.

• I did reinstall Voice command and also hard reset on my phone…
    Any ideas?

Jo-se-ph, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour

1. how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour - Similar Threads - turn off voice

2. firewall turned off showing on every boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall turned off showing on every boot: windows 10 gives windows firewall & mcafee firewall both are turned off on every boot but its not actually turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-turned-off-showing-on-every-boot/a24b9d5e-02f6-42fd-acc7-b216faa8497e"
  3. how to turn it off

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn it off: I asked one question. Years ago. I still get the same emails with the same answer over and over. How do I stop this question? How did I get it started in the first place? I had to make a new password at the bank today, not with Microsoft! Yet I get home to find email...
  4. turn off active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off active hours: I prefer my OS to update when available. I don't want it waiting for non-active hours. Is there a preference for that? How do I turn it off or deactivate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-active-hours/741f473b-d5f6-47a6-9e8b-a450aae21a0c
  5. Screen Time isn’t Turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Time isn’t Turning off.: I haven’t used my laptop in a while, and when I went to go use it it said I still had screen time limits on. On my mom’s profile, it says that all restrictions are turned off. But it still stays locked....
  6. Turning wifi off at set times?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning wifi off at set times?: Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off? Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night without physically turning it off via the router itself or through the browser. My router allows me to set a time but it doesnt...
  7. How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement?: My Lenovo X250 gives me an annoying hourly time announcement and I cant turn it off. I cant even find this tool online or find anyone with the same issue. I dont know if its a windows, lenovo or a third party feature. I installed Windows 10 on my desktop and it is on there...
  8. Internet connection turns off every day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection turns off every day: Every day my internet stops working for Internet explorer and Chrome. Firefox works fine because I have it set to auto-detect settings. To fix this, I have to first click win+R, and then type "regedit" and open. Then go here -...
  9. Win10 time suddenly an hour off

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 time suddenly an hour off: So as of yesterday Mar 30 the time on my PC started displaying an hour ahead than actual time for no reason. No changes to clock settings. Daylight savings was Mar 12 where I live and my PC adjusted automatically as per normal. If I go into Date and Time settings, I see 'set...
  10. Time to turn off display not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Time to turn off display not working.: I noticed my power options only seem to work once. If i go into power settings and set it to turn the monitor off in 1 hour it will work. Once i move the mouse and turn it back on it wont work a 2nd time until i change the time to a different number like 45min. Anyone else...