Windows 10: How to turn off Windows 10 login prompt

Discus and support How to turn off Windows 10 login prompt in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought Office 365 this month for my desktop pc running Windows 10 this month. However, ever since that happened, I'm now required to login to my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by gary503, Jan 31, 2019.

1. gary503 Win User

How to turn off Windows 10 login prompt

I bought Office 365 this month for my desktop pc running Windows 10 this month. However, ever since that happened, I'm now required to login to my laptop Windows 10 pc every time it powers up. Both pc's are registered to Microsoft with the same email id.

How do I turn off the login prompt?

I tried the netplwiz command, but the box that says "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" is NOT checked.

Thank you (in advance) for your help.

:)

gary503, Jan 31, 2019

2. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

Hi Marchinok,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to restart you system and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and click on
      Power
      button.
    • Click on Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 31, 2019
  3. No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

How to turn off Windows 10 login prompt [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. How to turn off Windows 10 login prompt - Similar Threads - turn off login

2. Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off?: Hi, with some difficulty, I figured out how to set up my Windows 11 PC so that I only use my computer locally, and only enter my credentials. Microsoft calls this a "local account", in that I am using my PC independent of Microsoft connectivity.So breaking down what I...
  3. Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off?: Hi, with some difficulty, I figured out how to set up my Windows 11 PC so that I only use my computer locally, and only enter my credentials. Microsoft calls this a "local account", in that I am using my PC independent of Microsoft connectivity.So breaking down what I...
  4. Turn off PIN Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off PIN Login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  5. Turn off PIN Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off PIN Login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  6. Turning off PIN login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off PIN login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  7. How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?: I've had this PC for a few months now after having a MacBook. On the MacBook, I could make it so I could completely bypass a login screen and never have to enter a password when the computer went to sleep or was closed. I can't turn this off on my PC. I've tried used the...
  8. Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?: I recently heard that one of the next updates will remove passwords and push facial recognition. I can't even list the many reasons why I don't want that. So I want to shut the log-in screen off altogether if I can't use just a password. I don't know how to, though, because...
  9. Trying To Turn Off Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying To Turn Off Login: I did set it to use my admin password for all users to login automatically. It does this on startup. but after it goes to sleep, there's that password login box again! How do I get rid of that thing for good? Thanks in Advance! 122629
  10. Trying To Turn Off Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying To Turn Off Login: I did set it to use my admin password for all users to login automatically. It does this on startup. but after it goes to sleep, there's that password login box again! How do I get rid of that thing for good? Thanks in Advance! 122629

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 turn off login prompt