Windows 10: How to turn off Windows 10 updates permanently..

Discus and support How to turn off Windows 10 updates permanently.. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm wondering if anyone has tried to turn off Windows 10 updates using the methods listed in this article.... How To Turn Off Windows 10 Updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vomacka, Mar 7, 2020.

1. vomacka Win User

How to turn off Windows 10 updates permanently..

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to turn off Windows 10 updates using the methods listed in this article....

How To Turn Off Windows 10 Updates Permanently. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

There is a comment, (in the comments section) that states...

""You have to kill all permissions to wuauclt.exe and wuaueng.dll so the system can't launch Windows Update, EVER." This is the only 100% solution."

What are your thoughts on this solution to stopping Windows 10 updates..

Scott

:)

vomacka, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 7, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 7, 2020
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

1. How to turn off Windows 10 updates permanently.. - Similar Threads - turn off updates

2. WIFI destroyed by Windows update How To Turn Off Windows 10 Updates Permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI destroyed by Windows update How To Turn Off Windows 10 Updates Permanently?: Every time Windows updates something on computer I lose my WIFI connection.It's a known issue with the Mediatek MT7921 network card for everybody but Microsoft, apparentlyLong story short. Yes I tried everything, resetting the network, reinstalling drivers, removing and...
  3. WIFI destroyed by Windows update How To Turn Off Windows 10 Updates Permanently?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIFI destroyed by Windows update How To Turn Off Windows 10 Updates Permanently?: Every time Windows updates something on computer I lose my WIFI connection.It's a known issue with the Mediatek MT7921 network card for everybody but Microsoft, apparentlyLong story short. Yes I tried everything, resetting the network, reinstalling drivers, removing and...
  4. How to turn off update permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off update permanently: Hello,I have issue with windows update. Im using my notebook 5 times per month. And that means i get permanent download on background. Its rly annoying because i have only 10mbit internet and that means i cant work on it. Delay download dont help because when i did it one...
  5. How to turn off update permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off update permanently: Hello,I have issue with windows update. Im using my notebook 5 times per month. And that means i get permanent download on background. Its rly annoying because i have only 10mbit internet and that means i cant work on it. Delay download dont help because when i did it one...
  6. How to turn off update permanently

7. how to turn off the magnifier permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the magnifier permanently: I want to turn the magnifier OFF permanently and have tried all the solutions I could find and they aren't working. This is only in my email. The screen is right size but the reading pane text and the folder column are so small you need a strong magnifying glass to read them....
  8. Permanently turn off windows update

Permanently turn off windows update: First I am not IT guy or even a PC enthusiast so forgive me if this isn't technical enough or if I misspeak. I just thought this might help some people trying to turn off windows updates. I hate having a backdoor on my PC I can't control. I wanted to disable windows updates...
  9. How to turn off Windows Update permanently

How to turn off Windows Update permanently: Previous windows were great, without regular major updates but copying apple and all the antivirus companies has made Windows awful to use. IF they want to copy someone they should copy Linux! On a modern PC/Laptop windows is great for a few years but then it is awful. I...
  10. how to permanently turn off windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to permanently turn off windows 10 updates: Hi, My Question is that how can I permanently turn off windows 10 updates . I am using Windows 10 Enterprise . Help please 37285