Windows 10: How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key

Discus and support How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; https://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-disable-any-specific-win-keyboard-shortcut-in-windows?unapproved=294596&moderation-ash=078b89d08b3106d9992818cda4ed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Nov 27, 2021.

1. How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key

https://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-disable-any-specific-win-keyboard-shortcut-in-windows?unapproved=294596&moderation-ash=078b89d08b3106d9992818cda4eda901#comment-294596 claims that specific shortcuts can be disabled, but does not show how to distinguish between those using the left windows key and those using the right. I'd like to know how to turn off some using the right windows key.

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Nov 27, 2021
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 win hotkey

Hi,

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Generally WIN key is used to quickly access Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows. But you can also use WIN key in combination with another key to access other programs or features in Windows

Do you want to Disable WIN+ hotkeys or Disable WIN key completely?

To disable WIN+ hotkeys, follow the methods:

METHOD 1: Using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)

• Press Windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type gpedit.msc in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open
      Group Policy Editor.
    • Now go to: User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows/File Explorer
    • In right-side pane, look for "Turn off Windows+X hotkeys" option.
    • The option would be set to Not Configured. Double-click on it and set it to
      Enabled

Note :To re-enable the hotkeys in feature, again set the "Turn off Windows+X hotkeys" option to
    Not Configured.

METHOD 2: Using Registry Editor (regedit)

Important: This method contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge
    Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open
      Registry Editor.
    • Now go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoWinKeys and set its value to
    • Close Registry Editor and restart your system. After reboot the WIN+ hotkeys will be turned off in your system.
    Note :To re-enable WIN+ hotkeys in future, delete the DWORD
    NoWinKeys created in step 3.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    win+left/right hotkeys doesn't move window if snap is disabled

Hello Stuffedtiger,

I recreated your issue on my end and its working fine. For you to be able to use the hotkey “Win + Left”, the snap settings should be turned on. Press Win + left/right arrow for 3 or more times to move the window between monitors, and Up and Down arrows
    to resize the window. You can also drag and drop the window to the right corner then wait for the snap signal to snap to the other monitor.

If you want the 4x4 grid on your monitors, you can drag and drop the window to the right then press Win + Down key to resize, same goes with the rest. If the issue persists, we suggest updating your drivers.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jelo Sen, Nov 27, 2021
  4. How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key

How to disable Win+L in Windows 10?

As far as I know, there is no mean to disable only one Win+X keyboard shortcut.

What I can suggest is to disable completely Win+X hotkeys:

1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    2. Now go to following key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoWinKeys and set its value to 1

How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key grKk3.png

1. Close Registry Editor and restart your system. After reboot, all Win+X hotkeys will be turned off in your system.

To re-enable them, delete the DWORD NoWinKeys created in step 3.

Sébastien VALSEMEY, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key

1. How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key - Similar Threads - turn off hotkeys

2. How To Turn Off Hotkeys? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Turn Off Hotkeys? Windows 11: When I play games on my windows 11 pc when ever i hold w and accidentally press caps locks it opens my pc folder this is very annoying since when this happens I cant move for five seconds and i have to tab out to close the My PC window....
  3. How To Turn Off Hotkeys? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Turn Off Hotkeys? Windows 11: When I play games on my windows 11 pc when ever i hold w and accidentally press caps locks it opens my pc folder this is very annoying since when this happens I cant move for five seconds and i have to tab out to close the My PC window....
  4. How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key

How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key: https://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-disable-any-specific-win-keyboard-shortcut-in-windows?unapproved=294596&moderation-ash=078b89d08b3106d9992818cda4eda901#comment-294596 claims that specific shortcuts can be disabled, but does not show how to distinguish between those using...
  5. How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key: https://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-disable-any-specific-win-keyboard-shortcut-in-windows?unapproved=294596&moderation-ash=078b89d08b3106d9992818cda4eda901#comment-294596 claims that specific shortcuts can be disabled, but does not show how to distinguish between those using...
  6. How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to turn off windows hotkeys that use the RIGHT Win key

9. turn off hotkeys

turn off hotkeys: Why does Microsux make it so difficult to turn off the keyboard shortcut keys, those that either pop up a box, erase what you've typed etc? Those should be left up to the user and if they don't want them it should be simple to turn them off....
  10. How do i turn off the hotkeys in Windows 10?

How do i turn off the hotkeys in Windows 10?: Hello, I've had a problem for almost a year! And I have no idea how to repair it, I have HP Pavilion G6 Laptop and, I can't use hotkeys for programs like I needed to use F1 to activate a program! But it opens me...