Windows 10: How-to Turn Off Windows Update ?

Discus and support How-to Turn Off Windows Update ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I Try to Stopped Windows Update Services But Why Windows Still Automatically Updates ? What Should i Do ? [img] [img] I Don't Want Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gunzorla, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Gunzorla Win User

How-to Turn Off Windows Update ?

I Try to Stopped Windows Update Services But Why Windows Still Automatically Updates ?

What Should i Do ?

How-to Turn Off Windows Update ? [​IMG]

How-to Turn Off Windows Update ? [​IMG]

I Don't Want Any Updates

:)

Gunzorla, Jul 15, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Mike5(2) Win User
    how to turn off updates via commandhow to turn off updates via command

how to turn off updates via command, or any other method (Windows 10)

I am tired of my computer being taken over by Microsoft (to do it endless daily updates) meanwhile I am unable to use my computer for long periods of time.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mike5(2), Jul 15, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Don't be misled by the "Available updates will be downloaded and installed automatically".

If and when the service is not running, there isn't any attempt by the OS to check, and therefore download and install. I've experienced nearly a whole year in this mode. No surprises. The OS checks when I click on that 'Check for updates'.

pyramid10, Jul 15, 2016
  5. cv007 Win User
    Change the startup type from Manual to Disabled.

I would guess the Windows Update scheduled tasks are happy to start the service 'manually' (manual does not prevent any app that needs the service from starting it- you are not the only one who can start a 'Manual' service). When set to 'Disabled', you cannot 'Check for updates' (have to enable service, or set to manual, as Disabled does not allow apps to start that service).

Windows Update service set to Disabled = no updates. Period.

cv007, Jul 17, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    It is such a bad idea turning off updates, security, bug fixes etc. If you do, do not be surprised if you get little sympathy from members here when you find your windows will not update, or worse.

The fact you even had to ask this question suggests you do not have enough experience to stop updates.

cereberus, Jul 18, 2016
  7. clam1952 Win User
    The obvious question is why doesn't the OP want any updates? are we looking at something like a low data cap?

clam1952, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How-to Turn Off Windows Update ? - Similar Threads - Turn Off Update

2. windows is turned off, how to turn it on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows is turned off, how to turn it on?: I need to learn how to turn windows security back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-turned-off-how-to-turn-it-on/248eaf03-695d-497d-8d3c-e5167284d553
  3. How to turn off automatic windows updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off automatic windows updates?: How to turn off automatic windows updates? The system is Windows 11 Pro, and the system version is 21H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-automatic-windows-updates/b5f015a2-e82a-4daa-bc53-0d087268fe8e
  4. How to turn off automatic windows updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off automatic windows updates?: How to turn off automatic windows updates? The system is Windows 11 Pro, and the system version is 21H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-automatic-windows-updates/b5f015a2-e82a-4daa-bc53-0d087268fe8e
  5. How to turn off windows update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off windows update?: I've followed 2 tutorials which went through the settings and then the registry, every windows update kind of breaks my laptop over and over with slowing it down more and more. Is there any way to completely disable windows update from force downloading and installing...
  6. How to turn off windows updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off windows updates?: Every single day I get an update. I shut off my pc, it installs the update. The next time I turn on my pc my sound drivers are gone. I reinstall them, I reboot my pc to complete installation. The next time I go and turn off my pc it forces me to update before turning it off...
  7. How to turn off Windows Update permanently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to turn off Windows Update permanently: Previous windows were great, without regular major updates but copying apple and all the antivirus companies has made Windows awful to use. IF they want to copy someone they should copy Linux! On a modern PC/Laptop windows is great for a few years but then it is awful. I...
  8. How to turn off Windows update

How to turn off Windows update: How do I turn off my window 10 windows update it causing me to loose a lot of data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-windows-update/d32c6216-8b42-41ab-9624-70e84f64a99f
  9. How to turn off update in windows 10

How to turn off update in windows 10: Hi, Guys Can you just help me out I am unable to turn off my windows 10 update is there any solution to do it because I don't want to update my window regularly in between my work as I am a blogger and working on site that is Facts Did You Know?in between writing a post on...
  10. How to turn off Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to turn off Windows Update: I have a laptop running Windows 10. I wish to turn off, completely, Windows Update, partly (but not solely) because its' internet connection is metered and frequently near its' limit. I cannot find how it's done, I thought I had done it but today found it downloading yet...