Windows 10: How to turn on File History ?

Discus and support How to turn on File History ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From the control panel : How to turn on File History ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BleuOisou, Apr 24, 2021.

1. BleuOisou Win User

How to turn on File History ?

From the control panel : How to turn on File History ?

:)

BleuOisou, Apr 24, 2021
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Turn on File History in Windows 10

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you turn off File history then add the drive again.

To turn off File History, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start​ button, select Settings.
      Click Update & security.
    • Choose Backupand click More options.
    • See advanced settings, then click the Turn off button.
    Restart the system then turn back on File History and add the drive.

If the issue persist, run the System File Checker tool. System File Checker
    scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To run this tool, please refer to this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 24, 2021
  3. TiredofFH Win User
    Turn on File History in Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions.

The turn off button was greyed out and was unresponsive.

I had been advised to run the system file checker several time and found no problems.

In the meantime my machine has been returned to the suppler for a factory reset and is working again.

TiredofFH, Apr 24, 2021
  4. Jerry8AB Win User

File History - Does not turn off

Thanks again for your suggestion. Most of the items mentioned were mentioned in your previous post.

As I mentioned in my original post, File History shows history entries in my Task Schedule menu History listings even though I have turned it off. Now, I did notice one other entry in the History listing. The History listing said “Maintenance Mode.” So,
    I wonder if that mode reacts differently and rejects my File History Off and Task Schedule settings and lists File History listings under a different parameter. That may account for the history dates not agreeing with File History and Task Schedule dates.

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

1. How to turn on File History ? - Similar Threads - turn File History

2. file history won't turn on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file history won't turn on: file history won't turn on so my external hard drive will work correctly.A message comes that it has no enabled devices attached to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-wont-turn-on/246374cb-bec9-4233-a293-e00732f30c03
  3. can't turn on file history

can't turn on file history: I am trying to set up an external hard disk but can't get the file history to turn on. Can you assist?Thank you,Erich Swett https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-file-history/766d9f1d-1437-4e61-9b39-3134768eda18
  4. Problems with turning on file history

Problems with turning on file history: My issues showed up some months ago, all of a sudden the photos I had neatly compacted into folders totally disappeared. I have been able to download a few camera chips, and put some files back in, but everything is just scattered everywhere. There is little seperation in any...
  5. History off how to turn it ON

History off how to turn it ON: simple solution to turning file history on so I can back up to cloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/history-off-how-to-turn-it-on/06d95968-eeea-4458-bdc5-68bc3592f331
  6. how to turn on file history

how to turn on file history: how to turn on file history. All my files were deleted after las windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-file-history/42b13248-9721-4299-9b97-eb212c0bbce7
  7. current file history is disconnected.,how to turn it on for windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    current file history is disconnected.,how to turn it on for windows 10: wanting to do a complete backup of my windows 10 in anticipation of the "new April 2019 " windows update and have created a formatted hardrive within my PC .. ( read somewhere that a clean install is better than a reinstall for this model) I have currently C: drive windows...
  8. current file history is disconnected.,how to turn it on for windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    current file history is disconnected.,how to turn it on for windows 10: wanting to do a complete backup of my windows 10 in anticipation of the "new April 2019 " windows update and have created a formatted hardrive within my PC .. ( read somewhere that a clean install is better than a reinstall for this model) I have currently C: drive windows...
  9. Can't turn file history on

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't turn file history on: [img] File history is turned off and I'm not able to turn it back on. As you can see from the screenshot the "Turn On" button is grayed out. I'm not sure how this happened, but believe it was while trying to backup files and folders. How can I turn file history back on,...
  10. Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to automatically back up versions of...