Windows 10: How to turn on "Firmware Protection" of Windows Security System Guard?

Discus and support How to turn on "Firmware Protection" of Windows Security System Guard? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, For background information, I am currently on Windows 10 version 1809 (OS build 17763.292). After turning on the "Memory Integrity" under... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChunGoh0306, Feb 3, 2019.

1. How to turn on "Firmware Protection" of Windows Security System Guard?

Hi all,

For background information, I am currently on Windows 10 version 1809 (OS build 17763.292). After turning on the "Memory Integrity" under "Core Isolation" of Windows Security, I also changed my Group Policy to enable Virtualisation-based Security. This then prompted a change in Windows Security with a new feature called "Firmware Protection" under "Core Isolation". However, I have no way of turning it on. Any advice/help to activate that option?

Thanks!

How to turn on "Firmware Protection" of Windows Security System Guard? 3857194f-3566-4bf6-bac3-3e76430835b3?upload=true.png

:)

ChunGoh0306, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Windows10 System Protection Cannot Be Turned On

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know in which drive the Anti-virus program is installed?

I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus program and check if you are able to enable the system protection. This is to check if the anti-virus is conflicting with the issue.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

You can also try the below steps to enable the system protection and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

• Click on System and click System protection on the left pane.

• Highlight the drive you want to set up system protection on and click Configure.

• Select Turn on system protection.

• Move the slider to set the amount of Max Usage: space. More space allows you to create more restore points.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 3, 2019
  4. How to turn on "Firmware Protection" of Windows Security System Guard?

Windows10 System Protection Cannot Be Turned On

Hi,

The problem always happens after the device is updated to Windows 10. The Turn on system protection is greyed out while you are able to access the System Restore panel. If you find that system restore for the Windows drive is turned off and disable, try
    any of the possible solution.

Note: Make sure you have signed in as an administrator.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Enable System Restore.

Enabling the Disabled System Restore:

• Type GPEDIT.MSC in your Start Search box. This will list the app which allows to edit group policies.

• Now follow this path Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> System Restore.

• Look for a setting which says “Turn Off System Restore”. This is not configured by default.

• Double click it and select “Disabled”

• Click OK.

Hope this information helps. Get back to us with the status of your issue we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

How to turn on "Firmware Protection" of Windows Security System Guard?

1. How to turn on "Firmware Protection" of Windows Security System Guard? - Similar Threads - turn Firmware Protection

2. Can't turn on 'Firmware Protection' in Core isolation of Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on 'Firmware Protection' in Core isolation of Windows Security: Hi, I am Sakib using an HP Zbook Firefly 14 G8. I want to report a glitch or problem with Windows Defender which is not allowing me to turn on 'Firmware Protection' in 'Core Isolation'. There is an 'Enable' option next to Firmware protection. But when I click on it, I don't...
  3. Can't turn on 'Firmware Protection' in Core isolation of Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on 'Firmware Protection' in Core isolation of Windows Security: Hi, I am Sakib using an HP Zbook Firefly 14 G8. I want to report a glitch or problem with Windows Defender which is not allowing me to turn on 'Firmware Protection' in 'Core Isolation'. There is an 'Enable' option next to Firmware protection. But when I click on it, I don't...
  4. system guard and firmware protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system guard and firmware protection: Is system guard is one of the features of firmware protection, does enabling firmware protection enables system guard and disabling firmware protection will disable system guard, or firmware protection ON/OFF has no effect on system guard...
  5. system guard and firmware protection

system guard and firmware protection: Is system guard is one of the features of firmware protection, does enabling firmware protection enables system guard and disabling firmware protection will disable system guard, or firmware protection ON/OFF has no effect on system guard...
  6. Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON: Hi everyone,I have been trying to turn this setting on for the past few days and it is not working for some reason. I have tried most of the steps that are listed in some other threads here and other online forums.Here's a step-by-step guide to what is happening:1. I turn the...
  7. Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON

Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON: Hi everyone,I have been trying to turn this setting on for the past few days and it is not working for some reason. I have tried most of the steps that are listed in some other threads here and other online forums.Here's a step-by-step guide to what is happening:1. I turn the...
  8. Unable to turn on firmware protection ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to turn on firmware protection ?: Unable to turn on firmware protectionEdit : One more issue After I turned on Credential Guard and Code Integrity , I am unable to turn off , even from policy viewer , registry editor and Microsoft defender too...
  9. Unable to turn on firmware protection ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on firmware protection ?: Unable to turn on firmware protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-firmware-protection/3ef93c59-2ea6-4fc6-93a6-5c530084cd26
  10. Unable to turn on firmware protection ?

Unable to turn on firmware protection ?: Unable to turn on firmware protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-firmware-protection/3ef93c59-2ea6-4fc6-93a6-5c530084cd26

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firmware protection system guard

2. Go thttps://signup.live.com/signup?mkt=en-US&uiflavor=app&lw=1&fl=easi2&client_id=51483342-085c-4d86-bf88-cf50c7252078&wreply=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.office.com%2F%3Fauth%3D1o www.bing.com

3. turn on protection

4. go to bing com5 30,
  5. how to configure firmware protection,
  6. enable firmware protection,
  7. firmware protection,
  8. enable system guard Firmware protection.,
  9. firmware protection 反灰,
  10. Turn on System Guard,
  11. force firmware protection,
  12. firmware protection via group policy,
  13. how to turn off window firmware protection,
  14. microsoft.comhttps://www.bing.com/?form=irmhhp,