Windows 10: How to turn on FN Keylock ASUS Laptop

Discus and support How to turn on FN Keylock ASUS Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, So I have been trying to figure out how to make it so that I can have the FN key on my keyboard locked so that is I press any of the F1-F12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Magpeye, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Magpeye Win User

How to turn on FN Keylock ASUS Laptop

Hi,

So I have been trying to figure out how to make it so that I can have the FN key on my keyboard locked so that is I press any of the F1-F12 functions it only does the action. For example if I press f11 it would make my volume go down instead of having to hold down the FN key to do it. I have an ASUS Vivobook Pro 15 model N580VD and there is no FN lock on the keyboard. I have tried using some of the ASUS apps that are in the Microsoft store because it is what ASUS recommended, but they don't work at all. [See Link here]. I am wondering if there is something I can do in windows specifically in order to make this happen. I have also tried the BIOS fix but there is no way to change this through the BIOS on my PC.

Thank you so much!

Also, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but have seen some amazing help on here before!

Helpful Info -

ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro
    Windows 10 version 1903

Thanks again

-

:)

Magpeye, Oct 5, 2020
  2. the thing Win User

Hotkeys are not working on Asus Laptop

I recently found out that I'm unable to use my function keys on Asus Laptop after cleaning up the registry and turning off some excessive services. I assume I turned off some wrong service and I am unable to use Fn keys. In particular Fn+F3,Fn+F4. Fn+F7, Fn+F9. Other Shortcuts are operational(Fn+F1,2,5,6,8,10,11,12). The Keys F3, F4... do work in applications but do not work with Fn.

Here is the image of the Asus hotkey application

Here is the image of the startup process that has to run on the background But cannot be enabled

Thank's in advance for help!

the thing, Oct 5, 2020
  3. ASUS Fn + F9 not working

I have a ASUS U46E laptop (64-bit OS, x64-based processor)- after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro the Fn + F9 hotkey to disable the touchpad no longer works. **To be clear, the touchpad itself does work, it just can't be disabled. All other Fn hotkeys work
    normally.

Please advise on to fix this- thanks

DanielTweedall, Oct 5, 2020
  4. How to turn on FN Keylock ASUS Laptop

Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

How to turn on FN Keylock ASUS Laptop

1. How to turn on FN Keylock ASUS Laptop - Similar Threads - turn Keylock ASUS

2. Why my asus laptop turns off by it self after i pressed Fn+F10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my asus laptop turns off by it self after i pressed Fn+F10: Why my asus laptop turns off by it self after i pressed Fn+F10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-asus-laptop-turns-off-by-it-self-after-i/d4441243-392c-4a6d-8dc1-0077d3a76167
  3. Why my asus laptop turns off by it self after i pressed Fn+F10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my asus laptop turns off by it self after i pressed Fn+F10: Why my asus laptop turns off by it self after i pressed Fn+F10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-asus-laptop-turns-off-by-it-self-after-i/d4441243-392c-4a6d-8dc1-0077d3a76167
  4. Asus Laptop not turning on and black screen appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Laptop not turning on and black screen appears: Hi I have Asus X515JA Laptop and whenever I turn the power on the Asus Logo pops up and after that it shut down automatically. Also it shows preparing automatic repair and nothing happens just a black screen. I have tried unplugging the battery which makes it work fine but...
  5. Asus Laptop not turning on and black screen appears

Asus Laptop not turning on and black screen appears: Hi I have Asus X515JA Laptop and whenever I turn the power on the Asus Logo pops up and after that it shut down automatically. Also it shows preparing automatic repair and nothing happens just a black screen. I have tried unplugging the battery which makes it work fine but...
  6. how to turn off fn lock

how to turn off fn lock: I own a 11.6" 2-in-1 Convertible Notebook made by gateway and my function keys don't work right like f5 is supposed to turn up the volume instead it refreshes my page on edge and i thought that it was fn lock but my pc does not seem to have the fn lock button so i looked it...
  7. how to turn off fn lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off fn lock: I own a 11.6" 2-in-1 Convertible Notebook made by gateway and my function keys don't work right like f5 is supposed to turn up the volume instead it refreshes my page on edge and i thought that it was fn lock but my pc does not seem to have the fn lock button so i looked it...
  8. Asus Laptop Will not turn on unless plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Laptop Will not turn on unless plugged in: I am just wondering why my laptop doesn't work unless if it is plugged in. Its battery capacity is 22 792 from 38000mWh. I hope my concern will be addressed. Thank u so much.BATTERY 1NAMEASUS BatteryMANUFACTURERASUSTeKSERIAL NUMBER-CHEMISTRYLIonDESIGN CAPACITY38,000 mWhFULL...
  9. How to turn off Fn?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off Fn?: I have a laptop and usually play Minecraft on it and I’ve noticed I no longer have to press Fn to use f3 but I do for volume. How do I turn this off? submitted by /u/sandesssss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iahvij/how_to_turn_off_fn/
  10. FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad: Hi, I'm looking for a solution to fix the function combination to disable/enable the touchpad for my ASUS laptop (fn+f9). Here is a list of troubleshooting that I have already conducted myself: Downloaded ASUS Smart Gesture. Browsed to "Program Files (x86) /Asus Smart...