Windows 10: how to turn on hdmi drive

Discus and support how to turn on hdmi drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 17 inch HP laptop. the HDMI doesn't seem to work. is it a driver needed to turn it on?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larryrussell3, Jan 18, 2019.

1. how to turn on hdmi drive

I have a 17 inch HP laptop. the HDMI doesn't seem to work. is it a driver needed to turn it on?

:)

larryrussell3, Jan 18, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jan 18, 2019
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Jan 18, 2019
  4. how to turn on hdmi drive

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

how to turn on hdmi drive

1. how to turn on hdmi drive - Similar Threads - turn hdmi drive

2. hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed: i already tried different tv and hdmi cable, also reinstalled nvidia etc... soo basically i can't use it unless the lid is open, without hdmi, it works, but as soon as i plug it in and close that lid, it turns off after 1 minute, yes i already edited "choose what lid does...
  3. hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed: i already tried different tv and hdmi cable, also reinstalled nvidia etc... soo basically i can't use it unless the lid is open, without hdmi, it works, but as soon as i plug it in and close that lid, it turns off after 1 minute, yes i already edited "choose what lid does...
  4. How to turn on tv and not switch screens when HDMI is attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on tv and not switch screens when HDMI is attached.: Not a question, but a solution. Just right click desktop, screen settings, then set screen 1 as main screen an uncheck the option which remembers windows places based on screen connection. I don't know what is written exactly in English because I use my windows in Portuguese,...
  5. How to turn on tv and not switch screens when HDMI is attached.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on tv and not switch screens when HDMI is attached.: Not a question, but a solution. Just right click desktop, screen settings, then set screen 1 as main screen an uncheck the option which remembers windows places based on screen connection. I don't know what is written exactly in English because I use my windows in Portuguese,...
  6. HDMI how to watch video

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI how to watch video: I have been in the hospital for two months (really old also). My windows 10 PC is dedicated primarily to watching videos. It is already setup to watch videos using an HDMI cable (already attached), but I have forgotten how get the video to play from the computer to my big...
  7. HDMI Monitor turns off after boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Monitor turns off after boot: My HDMI is fine, until windows loads. Then it shuts off and we have to reboot it again to get it to stay on. I've tried 2 monitors and I've updated the drivers, so I'm not sure whats happening here....
  8. How to turn off One Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off One Drive?: I run Windows 10 and have some compatibility issues. I think I should turn off One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-one-drive/4c0d8d48-9504-4a26-b3d0-bbe9bfd6de40"
  9. How safe is this...Hdmi issue.

How safe is this...Hdmi issue.: Hi all, I currently have a tv that seems to have voltage along the hdmi line (it literally sparks massivly when I go to plug a hdmi in.) I Have a Geforce 970... how safe would it be to plug it into this tv? Thinking of using it as a second monitor, mostly to play games on...
  10. How to turn off HDMI audio?

How to turn off HDMI audio?: I just bought a Dell XPS 15 and an external Acer monitor for my wife. The monitor is connected to the Dell by HDMI. When the monitor is plugged in, there is no audio. I'm pretty sure the HDMI connection is pulling the audio signal from the Dell and sending it to the monitor....