Windows 10: How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is one of the series of operating systems developed by Microsoft. Network sharing and communication of one system with another has always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 14, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

Windows 10 is one of the series of operating systems developed by Microsoft. Network sharing and communication of one system with another has always been an element of great priority in Microsoft operating systems. Out of various sharing features, File and Printer Sharing is quite popular among the users. In this feature, file sharing allows […]

This article How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Karen Her Win User

turning on file and printer sharing windows 10

Thank you for the update. What we can suggest now is to turn on File and Printer sharing in Command Prompt. Here are the steps to do it:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type CMD in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit from the command prompt, and check if it will work.

If issue persists, try turning it on using Powershell, and check if it works. Here are the steps:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type Powershell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Close PowerShell.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Apr 14, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

4. Arun B J Win User

Connect to a shared printer located on a 32bit windows from windows 10 (64 bit)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Window Key, and type Network and sharing.

• Click on Change Advanced sharing settings.

• Select all network.

• Under file and printer sharing.

• Turn on file and printer sharing.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off File

2. file and printer sharing not staying turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file and printer sharing not staying turned on: Asked this one a while back and did some experimenting. The File and Printer sharing keeps resetting to off after turning it on. Refuses to stay on. Tried all suggestions that I was given on here. Nothing worked so dont resugest the same things again. As a last resort I...
  3. file and printer sharing not staying turned on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file and printer sharing not staying turned on: Asked this one a while back and did some experimenting. The File and Printer sharing keeps resetting to off after turning it on. Refuses to stay on. Tried all suggestions that I was given on here. Nothing worked so dont resugest the same things again. As a last resort I...
  4. Can't turn on windows file and printer sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't turn on windows file and printer sharing: I've tried to turn on file and printer sharing lots of times but I can't plz provide me proper solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-windows-file-and-printer-sharing/45b26d60-2d9b-4da0-9c4a-ace437a4a494
  5. Win 10 1909 keeps turning file and printer sharing off

Win 10 1909 keeps turning file and printer sharing off: I recently reset my surface pro and after reinstallation I now cannot access a home network NAS drive without turning on SMB1. I have found many cases regarding the same thing but all the hints and tips reference homegroup which does not exist in 1909 build. I have other...
  6. File and Printer Sharing will not stay 'off'

File and Printer Sharing will not stay 'off': Hi Guys I have been trying to disable 'File and Printer Sharing' in my Public network profile, and even after saving changes, every time I reboot my PC the File and Printer sharing option pops back to ON. Nothing I have tried keeps in the OFF position for Guest or Public...
  7. File and printer sharing not turning on!

File and printer sharing not turning on!: Hi, I run a NAS on my home network, on my old version of Windows 10 it was visible and accessible. I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit. Windows install the latest version 1909 and now I cannot turn on file and printer sharing over a...
  8. Cannot Turn ON File and Printer Sharing

Cannot Turn ON File and Printer Sharing: Hello, I have a network that is pretty simple. * ATT DSL model/router. * MyBook Live NAS attached by Ethernet to the router * 2 identical Dell M2800 laptops running Windows 10 (with update 1803) that connect to the network via wireless. Both are typically within 10 feet of...
  9. File and printer sharing turned on

File and printer sharing turned on: Hi, two days ago i got a new router from my provider because with my old one the connection just kept identifying, after a restart w10 identified it as network 2, when booting up before that it was still network, but even after the reboot it didn't ask me what network profile...
  10. Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 File and printer sharing is the ability of a computer running Windows to share a folder or attached printer with other computers on a network....