Windows 10: How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10

Discus and support How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you want to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10, this post is what you need. In Windows 10, by default, all location scripts run.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 31, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10

If you want to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10, this post is what you need. In Windows 10, by default, all location scripts run. However, if you want to disable Location Scripting on Windows you need to edit some group policy.

The policy “Turn off location scripting” is used when you want to go completely anonymous. Microsoft doesn’t need GPS to track your location, it uses WiFi positioning and the computer’s IP address to track the location of a user. Location Scripting is used to assists Windows in doing that.

So, if you want to go unreservedly offline and don’t want Microsoft to track you, just enable “Turn off Location Scripting” and you will be good to go.

Turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10

There are two ways by which you can turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10:

1. By Group Policy Editor
    2. By Registry Editor

Let us talk about them in detail.

1] By Group Policy Editor

How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10 turn-off-location-scirpting.jpg

Group Policy Editor is a centralized manager on a Windows computer to alter and manage advanced settings of the System or a network if it is connected to it. Location Scripting is a pretty advanced setting, so, we are going to alter it is via Policy Editor.

Hit Win + R, type “gpedit.msc”, and hit Enter. Now, go to the following location.

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Location and Sensors

Double-click on “Turn off location scripting”, select Enabled, and click Apply > Ok.

If you want to turn on location scripting, just select Disabled, and click Apply > Ok, you will be good to go.

This way you have turned off location scripting on your Windows computer.

Read: How to turn off Heap Termination on corruption for Explorer in Windows 10.

2] By Registry Editor

How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10 disable-location-scripting-regedit.jpg

If you are on a Windows 10 Home, you won’t have Group Policy Editor. However, this doesn’t mean that you can turn off location scripting, as alternatively, you can use Registry Editor to do the same.

Registry Editor is a database present in every version of Windows and contains every setting in a hierarchical format.

Hit Win + R, type “regedit”, and hit Enter to launch Registry Editor and navigate to the following location.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows

Right-click on Windows, select New > Key, and name it “LocationAndSensors”. Right-click on LocationAndSensors, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it “DisableLocationScripting”. Double-click on DisableLocationScripting and set the Value data to 1 to turn off location scripting.

If you want to enable the option, just change the Value data to 0.

Hopefully, now what to do to turn on or off Location Scripting in Windows 10.

Read Next: How to change Location settings in Windows 10.

How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10 turn-off-location-scirpting.jpg
    This article How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 31, 2021

2. Unable to turn on Location in Windows 10

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

• Did you check if the same issue occurs when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator user account?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the steps to try and fix the issue:

Step 1:

Follow the steps to change the region:

a) Type “Region” on the Search and click on
    Change your country or region option from the search results.

b) Now choose the location from the drop down menu to change the region. (As per your location)

Move to the next step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to turn On Windows location platform on the computer and check if it helps.

You can follow the steps:

a) Type

b) Click on
    Change Location settings

c) Check the box which states “Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

e) Click on Apply.

Proceed to the next step.

Step 3:

If you are trying to use location settings for an app, I would suggest you to turn ON the settings to allow apps to use the location on the computer.

Follow the steps:

a) Type
    l
    ocation on the Search.

b) Click on
    Location privacy settings

c) Move the slider towards the right to turn ON settings for ‘Let Windows apps use my location’.

Restart the computer once after making the changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Location service in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 31, 2021
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, May 31, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to turn on the Location from the Location Settings.

Hi Rafiul,

It is possible that the
    GPS chipset
    is not working properly causing your location settings to be
    disabled or cannot be turned on. Kindly run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on the
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue
    persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - turn off Location

2. How did my location turn off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did my location turn off?: My location is turned off and last I remember it was on. How do I turn it on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-my-location-turn-off/fd84152c-5bb3-42f3-9515-9f0fa04f2bca
  3. How did my location turn off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How did my location turn off?: My location is turned off and last I remember it was on. How do I turn it on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-my-location-turn-off/fd84152c-5bb3-42f3-9515-9f0fa04f2bca
  4. How did my location turn off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to turn on or off Windows PowerShell script execution

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Windows PowerShell script execution: [ATTACH]If you want to turn on or off Windows PowerShell script execution in Windows […] This article How to turn on or off Windows PowerShell script execution first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Cant turn off location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant turn off location: My location is always on. When i go to settings and then privacy and click location the settings closes by itself submitted by /u/fizzy2001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi08ai/cant_turn_off_location/
  7. how do I turn off location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I turn off location?: How do I turn off location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-location/04896862-a579-4966-a6fc-628bf419e048
  8. Turn off location icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off location icon: Howdy, Thanks to Brink for his good tutorial on how to disable location service here: Location Service - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Settings > Home > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off > Location is ON. I also want to turn it off via registry...
  9. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 Some apps need to know when youre in a specific location to work correctly. For instance, if youve asked an app to remind you to buy bread when youre in the...
  10. Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities...