Windows 10: How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10

Discus and support How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Everybody with a Windows 10 computer would have noticed sometimes that the Windows operating […] This article How to turn ON or OFF Public... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 25, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 25, 2020

2. sharing Public folder

I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the
    base computer can't be found on the new machine. How do I do this?

DavidWilson505, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Public documents sharing

My question is how do other computers see it as homegroup window does not list public folders?

I know how to put files into public it is the next step that I am not understanding in setting up the network/computers etc to see the public folders.

I have spent a day trying to understand/working out how to do this it is not obvious as the homegroup page only shows library folders that I do not want to share.

So how do I get the homegroup to show public folders?

peterprewett, Oct 25, 2020
  4. How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10

Disable public folders

Hi,

A Public folder can be beneficial if regular users have restricted access to specific folders. As you've mentioned, you wanted to at least have the Public folder disabled or turned-off since you were the only user on your computer. To do this,
    please follow the steps below:

• Type Network and Sharing Center in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Select on Change advanced sharing settings option located on the left-side of the window.

How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10 9f1aeb31-764a-4177-bca1-9519b37541ef.jpg

• Click on All Networks.

How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10 3e649bbd-1d51-4e32-a9b2-63a2572ee70d.jpg

• Under Public folder sharing, select Turn off Public folder sharing, then click on
      Save changes.

For any results, just send us a reply.

Eileen Gal, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10

1. How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - turn OFF Public

2. How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?: Hi,How can I access in File Explorer this OneDrive public shared folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjhBd_jsyzaBgYEkJ7iSGCqoUK2XNA?e=kKawIHI can see it online after entering the password. But I do not see how to access it from my Windows 11 pc. Regards...
  3. How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10: Windows 10 is one of the series of operating systems developed by Microsoft. Network sharing and communication of one system with another has always been an element of great priority in Microsoft operating systems. Out of various sharing features, File and Printer Sharing is...
  4. Sharing Public Folders on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Public Folders on windows 10: I have asked this before and have not received any replies. I'll try again. I have spent over 6 hours on this issue and have read and tried all the standard file/folder sharing solutions. I have a basic WIRED home network. 3 dell computers, 2 running windows 10 pro and 1...
  5. How to share a public read only folder

How to share a public read only folder: I have Hotmail and Office 365 Personal, and use OneDrive. . I would like to create a public read-only folder. . Also, I would like to create a public read-write folder. . The rest should be only accessible by me. . Is there a special, public PUBLIC OneDrive share URL...
  6. Public Sharing

Public Sharing: I have three machines on a wired home network, all running Windows 10 1909. All three are part of the same Workgroup, all three have Public Sharing turned on, yet Istill can't get this to work properly. Machine's One and Two won't show any other connected machines. Machine...
  7. Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing'

Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing': Small office, 6 PC's, Windows Server would be overkill Instead we user a 'server' running Windows 10 Pro. It runs several accounting and quoting apps that share their folders on the LAN Every few months, Windows 10 Pro updates itself, which happens at the end of the working...
  8. sharing Public folder

sharing Public folder: I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the base computer can't be...
  9. Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 Microsoft introduced a new Near Share feature starting with Windows 10 build 17035. Near Share was renamed to Nearby sharing in Windows 10 April 2018 Update version...
  10. Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 [img] Information The Public folders are a convenient way to share files on your computer. You can share files in the Public folders with other people...