Windows 10: How to Turn On or Off Show Downloads Menu in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How to Turn On or Off Show Downloads Menu in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When a download starts in Microsoft Edge, the downloads menu will show to let you know. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

How to Turn On or Off Show Downloads Menu in Microsoft Edge

Brink, Jan 27, 2021

2. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge - Context menu not showing in downloads

Hi Lipatov,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to delete browsing history, cookies and cached and check.

• Open Microsoft edge and click on () button.

• Go to settings and click on Choose what to clear
      tab under clear browsing data.
    • And clear browsing history, cached and cookies.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to reset Microsoft Edge and check if that helps.

• Navigate to the location:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• Delete everything in this folder.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

Disclaimer: The Reset Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Edge Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend
    that you note these sites before you use the Reset Edge Settings feature. Resetting Edge isn't reversible, and all previous settings are deleted.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 27, 2021
  4. How to Turn On or Off Show Downloads Menu in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge

Hi Gerry,

Allow us to help you with this concern. You can open Microsoft Edge with a specific page or pages. Just follow the steps below:

• Open the Microsoft Edge browser. Tap the 3 dots (...) at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Click Settings. Select Open with A specific page or pages.
    • Click the drop down menu. Select from MSN, Bing, or you can customize it.
    You can also show the Favorites bar. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Open the Microsoft Edge browser. Tap the 3 dots (...) at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Click Settings. Hit View favorites settings.
    • Turn On Show the favorites bar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Michelle Vil, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

How to Turn On or Off Show Downloads Menu in Microsoft Edge

1. How to Turn On or Off Show Downloads Menu in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. How to Turn On/Off Rounded Corners in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On/Off Rounded Corners in Microsoft Edge: [IMG]This tutorial shows how to turn on or off rounded corners in the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 11/10 PC. You can turn on or off rounded corners for browser tabs as well as browser windows (rounded corners around a browser window frame) for visual separation using the...
  3. How to turn off Microsoft Edge website push notifications

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off Microsoft Edge website push notifications: Push notifications help you get unseen notifications from a particular website on your desktop. However, if you want to turn off Microsoft Edge pop-up push notifications, then you can do so using the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor. Let’s assume that you do...
  4. How to turn off downloads??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off downloads??: Is there a way to BLOCK downloads from happening without MY PERMISSION. Like its very stupid that just visiting a website can DOWNLOAD something... Can I make windows firewall ask for my permission? Example of website that downloads automatically (official microsoft website)...
  5. EDGE ADS - How to turn off the ads from showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EDGE ADS - How to turn off the ads from showing: how can i turn off the ads popping up constantly on EDGE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-ads-how-to-turn-off-the-ads-from-showing/1bfc2503-543d-4bd9-8953-99906c69b80c
  6. How to turn off gone fullscreen message in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off gone fullscreen message in Microsoft Edge: Hello so i had a doubt can i disable the notification which says gone full screen? If so then how can i do it. If not then could you please update edge which give us the ability to toggle these options. It is really annoying. Please help me with this. [IMG]...
  7. How to turn off "Help" on microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off "Help" on microsoft edge?: I'm playing a game and the f1 button closes a window that opens up when I want help on MY GAME. But when I push f1 it pulls down my game and brings up Microsoft edge help. This is REALLY irritating me. I want tao turn off F1 FOR HELP!!!!!...
  8. Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...
  9. Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Extensions in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...
  10. Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Download Save Prompt in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...