Windows 10: How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows Firewall has now been renamed to Windows Defender Firewall. If Windows Firewall is […] This article How to Turn On or Off Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 14, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 14, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

You can turn off and reset Windows Defender Firewall from:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click on System and Security.
    3. Click on Windows Firewall.

FreeBooter, Dec 14, 2020
  4. How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails

Hi seagiraffe,

I would suggest you turn the firewall off through Windows Defender Security Centre:

- Open Settings

- Select Update & Security

- Select Windows Security (left-hand side)

- Select Firewall & network protection (under the Protection areas heading)

- Select Domain network/private network/public network

- Toggle the switch to Off under the Windows Defender Firewall heading

- Note: you will need to do this for all three networks (domain, private, public)

You will see 'Action needed' from the Windows Defender taskbar/notification tray icon, however this is just because the firewall has been turned off.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

1. How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Defender

2. How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?: I don't need to turn Windows Firewall back on because I have another paid antivirus/Firewall protection app Webroot on my computer Windows 10 desktop. I have it off because I don't need both of them running. If there's a way to turn off these notifications, please let me...
  3. Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7: Hello:Please how can I turn of windows defender and windows firewall on my windows7computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-windows-defender-and-firewall-off-on/0af99386-fcb2-4127-9f50-ade92c52b857
  4. Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7: Hello:Please how can I turn of windows defender and windows firewall on my windows7computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-windows-defender-and-firewall-off-on/0af99386-fcb2-4127-9f50-ade92c52b857
  5. How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?: 1. Since our Windows 10-Home is on a router I've been told that I don't need to have the Windows Firewall On. Assuming that is still true, how do I turn off the warning message that the firewall is off? 2. How do I get the Malwarebyes icon to be pinned to the always visible...
  6. Windows firewall turned off notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall turned off notification: My question is how do i stop seeing this notification everytime i turn on my pc? It pops on like the 3rd minute on every boot and it's a little annoying and i know i got it turned off. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off: Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it. Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check the...
  8. Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails

Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails: Under "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings", I clicked "Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)", for both "Private network settings" and "Public Network settings", and clicked "OK". The window I got after that said...
  9. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 Windows Security will send notifications with critical information about the health and security of your device. You...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 16193, Windows Firewall has been renamed to Windows Defender Firewall. Windows Defender Firewall is designed to help prevent hackers or malicious software...