Windows 10: How to turn on sleep/turn off "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep when...

Discus and support How to turn on sleep/turn off "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep when... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, how can I get my computer to sleep? Right now, the box is checked next to "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep" and, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dhuck_206, Apr 27, 2020.

1. dhuck_206 Win User

How to turn on sleep/turn off "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep when...

Hi, how can I get my computer to sleep?

Right now, the box is checked next to "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep" and, when unchecked, the "Apply" button goes gray and can't be clicked.

My settings show that the PC should sleep after 20 minutes, but it does not.

I've tried toggling the type of developer mode, but the type makes no difference.

:)

dhuck_206, Apr 27, 2020

2. My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 27, 2020
  3. hardywang Win User
    My PC wakes up from sleep right away after it goes to sleep

My OS version is 10586.494.

All happens about 1 or 2 days ago, I asked my PC to go to sleep by using Windows -> Power -> Sleep. Right after it went to sleep it woke up immediately, and it never goes to sleep again.

My Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep has turn of monitor after 10 minutes, goes to sleep after 30 minutes if plugged in.

Any suggestion?

hardywang, Apr 27, 2020
  4. ald-ina Win User

How to turn on sleep/turn off "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep when...

computer goes to sleep & doesn't wake up, then it's like it's totally turned off

Dear Kalpana,

thank you very much for your answer.

before posting the question, there were no updates available (as prompted).

after the computer turned off several times itself, I checked again for updates (as you told) & they downloaded.

I also did the power trouble shooter & it prompted that it set it at default settings.

After installing and restarted the computer, i tested it and it is finally OK for some settings/specifications and NOT OK for others (i.e: doesn’t wake up, needs hard reset, delays when turning on) as below:

• it goes to Sleep when on battery = ???
    • it goes to Sleep when on power = NOT OK
    • close lid on battery = OK
    • close lid on power, turned on battery = OK
    • close lid on power, turned on power = NOT OK
    • Sleep command on battery = ???
    • Sleep command on power = OK
    • battery ends = NOT OK (before posting the question, this was OK, i put the charger & it the session was as i had left it)
    could you please suggest a solution (except for turning it off myself) to save energy (when on power/battery) and have the session as left.
    maybe even the ones I marked as OK, are not ok, given that it might depend on the time that the computer is left in Sleep mode (which should not be the case, or should be similar to when battery ends).

thank you again in advance

ald-ina, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. How to turn on sleep/turn off "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep when... - Similar Threads - turn sleep turn

2. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never: Hello, I have an Asus ProArt Studiobook 16.Fresh install of windows 11, all drivers up to date. I like my computers to stay on constantly when they are plugged in so that they can run programs in the background or be accessible via remote desktop at any time. No matter what...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never: Hello, I have an Asus ProArt Studiobook 16.Fresh install of windows 11, all drivers up to date. I like my computers to stay on constantly when they are plugged in so that they can run programs in the background or be accessible via remote desktop at any time. No matter what...
  4. Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep: Almost every time the screen turns off or goes to sleep, the PC seems to be shut down erroneously. And every time I have to turn the PC back on and shut it down again because when the PC is turned on after this issue occurs, it will not connect to any network the wi-fi toggle...
  5. Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep: Almost every time the screen turns off or goes to sleep, the PC seems to be shut down erroneously. And every time I have to turn the PC back on and shut it down again because when the PC is turned on after this issue occurs, it will not connect to any network the wi-fi toggle...
  6. wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep: Whenever my laptop goes to sleep or when I lock it or go to sleep, WiFi automatically disconnects after a couple minutes, it's frustrating because all the updates in the background and activities on the tabs open in the browser are affected.I recently bought my DELL XPS 15.I...
  7. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off: I've had an Asus Vivobook for a couple of months now, after spending nearly 10 years using the same Toshiba netbook running Windows 7. Overall it's a great laptop but I cannot for the life of me figure out this problem, and I'm not sure if it's Windows-10-specific or...
  8. Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep: I got a new HP ENVY laptop with the Updated Windows 10. It has worked fine when i first got it, i started to use it for school alot and it started to have issues waking up. Now it won't wake up at all unless I force Shut Down the whole system. What do i do to fix it. So far...
  9. PC turns off when set to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns off when set to sleep: Running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. Every time I set my computer to go to sleep, the computer shuts down immediately instead. I have tried... Changing my default power options (set to sleep in all categories) Turning OFF fast startup (currently turned off) Changing...
  10. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep: Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a setting to take the sleep off a computer when you are away