Windows 10: How to turn on spellcheck Google Chrome

Discus and support How to turn on spellcheck Google Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] Can someone please tell me how to turn on spellcheck. As you can see from my screenshot Google is listed as my default browser. However when I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

How to turn on spellcheck Google Chrome

How to turn on spellcheck Google Chrome [​IMG]

Can someone please tell me how to turn on spellcheck. As you can see from my screenshot Google is listed as my default browser. However when I open my browser for a search it's Yahoo. Please tell me how make Google my default search engine.

:)

Fred22, Oct 5, 2017

2. Spell Check stopped in - Windows 10

Does spell check work in this forum & elsewhere?

Spellcheck works on Facebook if you access FB via the google chrome browser...but I can't find how to use spellcheck when I use Facebook on the internet explorer browser, Having said that, I've notice spellcheck works right here whilst writing this reply!

Jane LouiseRiley, Oct 5, 2017
  3. J. B.M Win User
    IE 11 errors: Unable to display some website.

I have just found an additional problem with IE11 (using either Bing or Google). When writing a post on Windows Answers I find the spell checker fails to show incorrect spellings, no reaction at all. If I use Chrome, with the Google browser, spellchecker
    works.

J. B.M, Oct 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 5, 2017
  5. Fred22 Win User
    I went to Google Chrome help but can't find language and input settings. Can you tell me what to do after I get to "Advanced" settings?

Fred22, Oct 7, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member

Hope that helps.

Note: I don't use Chrome myself.

dalchina, Oct 7, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    3 dots > Settings, scroll down page > Advanced, scroll down page > Language > Spell Check.

Manage Search engine > Add > select search engine > 3 dots > more actions... > Make default.

Helmut, Oct 8, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

Your homepage is probably Yahoo, that's different from your default search engine.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to turn on spellcheck Google Chrome - Similar Threads - turn spellcheck Google

2. How to unlock Google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock Google chrome: Want to unlock my Google chrome in Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-google-chrome/9335ae79-4867-4f58-83b7-9baf1f1c6f9a
  3. How to unlock Google chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock Google chrome: Want to unlock my Google chrome in Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-google-chrome/9335ae79-4867-4f58-83b7-9baf1f1c6f9a
  4. How to reinstall the google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall the google chrome: please help i uninstalled my google chrome app in my laptop because it didnt open. i was having a hard time finding the google chrome app in my setting but when i found it in apps setting i cannot reinstall please help me out...
  5. How to reinstall the google chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall the google chrome: please help i uninstalled my google chrome app in my laptop because it didnt open. i was having a hard time finding the google chrome app in my setting but when i found it in apps setting i cannot reinstall please help me out...
  6. Google Chrome Turns iNto Yahoo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Turns iNto Yahoo: I read that I could have malware if my google chrome browser keeps turning into yahoo? if so how can I get everything back to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-turns-into-yahoo/18d58530-092f-4a20-aa51-1e45dc7f5604
  7. Microsoft is improving Windows Spellcheck on Google Chrome, Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving Windows Spellcheck on Google Chrome, Edge: Last year, Microsoft said it was moving away from the default spell checking feature in open-source Chromium and Edge was updated with the new Windows Spellcheck API. This was also added to Google Chrome as an optional feature and it’s obviously limited to Windows 10....
  8. Google Chrome Turns Desktop Icons White????????

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Turns Desktop Icons White????????: Hi, This started recently within the last few days. Whenever I open my Google Chrome browser then my desktop shortcut icons will briefly turn white for a couple of seconds then they go back to normal. If I open a second browser tab in Google Chrome, then the icons do not...
  9. google chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome: how can I get google chrome on my windows 10 laptop and set it as my default browser????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/fe8c2aa2-381f-484b-9ce5-cedc9bbd5d35
  10. Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Hi folks, since downloading and installing the 'Anniversary Update' I have not been able to open Google Chrome. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas please. Many thanks. 59675