Windows 10: How to turn on Windows Defender?

Discus and support How to turn on Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to turn on windows defender in this computer with Windows 8?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShyamShrestha, Oct 12, 2018.

1. ShyamShrestha Win User

How to turn on Windows Defender?

How to turn on windows defender in this computer with Windows 8?

:)

ShyamShrestha, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Eileen Gal Win User

WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Oct 12, 2018
  3. nofoistapp Win User
    windows defender turned off.....................

@atramsuraj: You can
    read this post
    and follow the given steps to re-enable your Windows Defender. And, by the way:

• What OS are you running?
    • Are you also using 3rd-party security program? If so, please consider disabling it, as some could turn off Windows Defender automatically.

nofoistapp, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Eileen Gal Win User

WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Roger,

Windows Defender is our first line of defense against any spyware or malware infections that may harm our computer. To turn on Windows Defender manually, you may follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.

If it will not turn on manually, you may need to check if the program was set to Automatic in the Services. Please follow the steps that we've provided last September 3, 2017.

Should you have other questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How to turn on Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - turn Defender

2. Today I turned on my pc and my windows defender security center showed me X on firewall.I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Today I turned on my pc and my windows defender security center showed me X on firewall.I...: Help me please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/today-i-turned-on-my-pc-and-my-windows-defender/f41cbe3c-6a91-4835-b51e-34d5d53f66c1
  3. Windows defender turned off by group policy and cannot be updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender turned off by group policy and cannot be updated: My windows defender was switched off by group policy. i followed a procedure to switch it on and now i cannot update my windows defender when connected to the internet. Cloud based protection too cannot be switced on. Any help ......
  4. windows 10 defender will not turn on

windows 10 defender will not turn on: When I start Windows 10 I note that it tells me windows defender is not on. I cannot turn it on from the security menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-defender-will-not-turn-on/485c58cd-46ab-4363-9829-73b63e5bb153"
  5. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  6. Problem Turn on Windows Defender

Problem Turn on Windows Defender: when i start my computer windows defender sayes defender is not switched on click the box to turn on or restart computer , why does it not stay switched on when shutting down and when starting ? [Original Title: Windows defender]...
  7. Problem Turn on Windows Defender

Problem Turn on Windows Defender: when i start my computer windows defender sayes defender is not switched on click the box to turn on or restart computer , why does it not stay switched on when shutting down and when starting ? [Original Title: Windows defender]...
  8. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  9. it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop

it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop: it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop. When I go to settings it says its already on. just wondering what to do? Thanks...
  10. Windows Defenders - Cannot Turn On / Off Real Time Protection

Windows Defenders - Cannot Turn On / Off Real Time Protection: Hi everyone, I need some help regarding windows defender real-time protection. My computer was attacked with a virus when I was installing a program. After the attack, I can't turn on my Windows Defender Real-Time Protection as it is stated that the setting can only be...