Windows 10: How to turn on Windows Defender?

Discus and support How to turn on Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to turn on windows defender in this computer with Windows 8?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShyamShrestha, Oct 12, 2018.

1. How to turn on Windows Defender?

How to turn on windows defender in this computer with Windows 8?

:)

ShyamShrestha, Oct 12, 2018

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Oct 12, 2018
  3. windows defender turned off.....................

@atramsuraj: You can
    read this post
    and follow the given steps to re-enable your Windows Defender. And, by the way:

• What OS are you running?
    • Are you also using 3rd-party security program? If so, please consider disabling it, as some could turn off Windows Defender automatically.

nofoistapp, Oct 12, 2018
  4. How to turn on Windows Defender?

WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Roger,

Windows Defender is our first line of defense against any spyware or malware infections that may harm our computer. To turn on Windows Defender manually, you may follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.

If it will not turn on manually, you may need to check if the program was set to Automatic in the Services. Please follow the steps that we've provided last September 3, 2017.

Should you have other questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

How to turn on Windows Defender?

1. How to turn on Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - turn Defender

2. Cannot turn on Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot turn on Defender: When I try to turn on Defender, it says "security is being managed by my organization. This is a personal computer. I am the administator. I have uninstalled all 3rd party virus, firewall or malware programs. What to do next?...
  3. Windows 10 Defender firewall will not turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Defender firewall will not turn on: I use Windows 10 on my laptop. I cannot turn on my firewall nor can I download any software, not even from Microsoft Store. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-defender-firewall-will-not-turn-on/8e5d8e0a-a222-4488-8b9e-a00582644d24
  4. Real time protection is off and won't turn on. And I can't update Windows defender.

Real time protection is off and won't turn on. And I can't update Windows defender.: Real time protection and everything in that page is grayed out and off Update KB2267602 won't install for some reason. When I try to update from Windows Defender it says Your IT admin has limited access to this app. It is an admin account I don't have any other anti-virus...
  5. Windows Defender of Windows 10 stoped working and is not turning on

Windows Defender of Windows 10 stoped working and is not turning on: I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, build 17134.407 (64 Bit). suddenly my Windows Defender stopped working. I Cannot turn it on again Real Time Protection is disabled and cannot be turned on. Help me plz. [ATTACH]...
  6. get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by...

get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by...: As it states above I have notification telling me Windows defender anti-virus is turned off but I cannot change this because my system admin is blocking me. This is on my private laptop and I am the system admin. I'm not part of an organisation....
  7. I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.: I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I entered the "Windows Key + R" (run program) keyboard shortcut. I entered "control" and pressed "Enter". I clicked on "System and Security". Then I clicked on "Security and maintenance". In the "Security and Maintenance" window,...
  8. Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender

Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender: I know I have seen how to turn Defender on or off temporariy. I have searched on the internet but NONE that have seen tell me how to turn it off or on. I have the Security Center on my Task bar but I can NOT see anything in there to allow turning Defender on and off. The way...
  9. Temporarily Turn OFF Winows Defender

in Windows 10 Support
    Temporarily Turn OFF Winows Defender: I know I have seen how to turn Defender on or off temporariy. I have searched on the internet but NONE that have seen tell me how to turn it off or on. I have the Security Center on my Task bar but I can NOT see anything in there to allow turning Defender on and off. The way...
  10. After uninstalling Webroot Antivirus I cannot turn on real time protection in Defender?

After uninstalling Webroot Antivirus I cannot turn on real time protection in Defender?: I uninstalled Webroot Antivrus and now I cannot turn on real-time protection in Defender, can someone help me. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/after-uninstalling-webroot-antivirus-i-cannot-turn/8a43d525-3255-4d9a-b229-02836a1478c6