Windows 10: How to tweak tiles ?

Discus and support How to tweak tiles ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day all, I use my SurfaceGo in tablet mode and often create shortcut / tiles and place those on the tabletmode "desktop" (right name for tablet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeneralLee01, Feb 3, 2019.

1. How to tweak tiles ?

Good day all,

I use my SurfaceGo in tablet mode and often create shortcut / tiles and place those on the tabletmode "desktop" (right name for tablet mode?).

But when making more than one small tile for the same domain the all use the same logo and color and therefore there is no way to tell which is which.

I tries using some app from the MS store to get more tile option, but they all seem abandonware / very old / incomplete hobby projects.

So let me ask you guys and girls how you personalize your tiles either using Win10 or a free/commercial app.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Duncan

:)

GeneralLee01, Feb 3, 2019

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Feb 3, 2019
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

How to tweak tiles ?

Cleaning and tweaking Windows

RE:
    • Sometimes windows hang if im trying to shut down my computer and asks me if i want to wait for my programs to close. I want windows to shut down my computer without asking me anything.

Enable fast shutdown tweaks all listed under (Step 13) here:

Optimize Performance of Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Callender, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

How to tweak tiles ?

1. How to tweak tiles ? - Similar Threads - tweak tiles

2. Can't take Screenshot Due to Using Tweaks "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" [I don't know if...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't take Screenshot Due to Using Tweaks "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" [I don't know if...: I'm having a problem, I recently did an optimization tweak "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" and after that I can't take screenshots, I have tried every single Fix but still nothing Works and I even tried to go back to a restore point but still And I tried shortcuts But it just...
  3. Can't take Screenshot Due to Using Tweaks "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" [I don't know if...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't take Screenshot Due to Using Tweaks "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" [I don't know if...: I'm having a problem, I recently did an optimization tweak "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" and after that I can't take screenshots, I have tried every single Fix but still nothing Works and I even tried to go back to a restore point but still And I tried shortcuts But it just...
  4. why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't seem to exist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't seem to exist: Glary and CCleaner both try to persuade me to update to their paid versions to get updates to various drivers, that they've identified as available. Windows Update always tells me I have the latest versions of these drivers. And I've never been able to find them by searching...
  5. why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't exist: Glary and CCleaner both try to persuade me to update to their paid versions to get updates to various drivers, that they've identified as available. Windows Update always tells me I have the latest versions of these drivers. And I've never been able to find them by searching...
  6. why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't exist

why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't exist: Glary and CCleaner both try to persuade me to update to their paid versions to get updates to various drivers, that they've identified as available. Windows Update always tells me I have the latest versions of these drivers. And I've never been able to find them by searching...
  7. Im about to be tweaking someone help me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im about to be tweaking someone help me.: I tried downloading kb4534310 for my computer but I kept getting Installer encountered an error: 0x80070424 The specified service does not exist as an installed service again and again and I tried downloadin the other kb's too but I kept getting the same result. Any idea how...
  8. Im about to be tweaking someone help me.

Im about to be tweaking someone help me.: I tried downloading kb4534310 for my computer but I kept getting Installer encountered an error: 0x80070424 The specified service does not exist as an installed service again and again and I tried downloadin the other kb's too but I kept getting the same result. Any idea how...
  9. 20H2: Any way to re-enable colored start menu tiles via registry tweaks?

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2: Any way to re-enable colored start menu tiles via registry tweaks?: Hello, I am one of the rare folks who spends a lot of my time manually coloring my start menu tiles to make them beautiful. Ireally dislike the monochrome tiles that were recently introduced in the 20H2 update. Is it possible for me to re-enable colored start menu tiles, via...
  10. Windows 10 registry tweak to make all tiles small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 registry tweak to make all tiles small: Hello, I would like to resize all my Windows 10 tiles to "small," and right-clicking them one by one is tedious. Is there a registry setting that could be changed in order to: (1) make all existing tiles small? or (2) default all new tiles to the small...