Windows 10: How to type Hawaiian letters?

Discus and support How to type Hawaiian letters? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get my keyboard to type Hawaiian letters? Particularly the long vowels that have a macron like the long vowel sounds used in English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LimuoEwa, Jun 20, 2020.

1. LimuoEwa Win User

How to type Hawaiian letters?

How do I get my keyboard to type Hawaiian letters? Particularly the long vowels that have a macron like the long vowel sounds used in English pronunciation over them?

:)

LimuoEwa, Jun 20, 2020
  2. ITK_Lisa Win User

Hawaiian Keyboard

Does Microsoft ever plan to have the Hawaiian dictionary available? It's available on MAC, iPhone, iPad, Android but nothing Microsoft. Is this something you plan to support? Hawaiian is a language in case you weren't aware. They call it ‘Ōlelo Hawaiʻi
    and it would be nice if Microsoft supported it so we could type these words properly with all their Macrons and Glottal Stops (okina) included.

Hawaiian language - Wikipedia

Thanks

ITK_Lisa, Jun 20, 2020
  3. upgraded to Windows 10. How do I type a letter

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Where are you trying to type a letter?
    • Which application or program are you using to type the letter?

I suggest you to use WordPad or notepad for type the letter or any documents or else please do let us know what exactly you are trying to do? Which application are you looking for typing the letter?

Please do let us know with more information regarding this issue, so that we can assist you further on this issue.

Karthicka_R, Jun 20, 2020
  4. How to type Hawaiian letters?

how can I type a letter

There's many ways to accomplish this, but one easy way to type a letter in Windows 10 by opening the built-in "WordPad" program.

• Click the Start button
    • Type "wordpad" to find the WordPad program (it will search as you are typing)
    • Open the program and write your letter
    • Click File menu at the top to Save or Print your letter

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

How to type Hawaiian letters?

1. How to type Hawaiian letters? - Similar Threads - type Hawaiian letters

2. Typing duplicate letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing duplicate letters: Recently my laptop had been typing duplicate of buttons. This issue so far remains when I am using Microsoft To-Do List, Microsoft Sticky Notes, File Explorers, and Search. There is no issue with typing in Chrome or other app Here are what I have tried:Adjusted the keyboard...
  3. Typing duplicate letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing duplicate letters: Recently my laptop had been typing duplicate of buttons. This issue so far remains when I am using Microsoft To-Do List, Microsoft Sticky Notes, File Explorers, and Search. There is no issue with typing in Chrome or other app Here are what I have tried:Adjusted the keyboard...
  4. How to type lowercase letters in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to type lowercase letters in PowerShell: When typing with Caps Lock off, I get lowercase letters without Shift, and uppercase letters with Shift.When typing with Caps Lock ON, I get uppercase letters without Shift, but PowerShell ignores any letters typed with the Shift key. Any letters typed with Shift do not...
  5. How to type lowercase letters in PowerShell

How to type lowercase letters in PowerShell: When typing with Caps Lock off, I get lowercase letters without Shift, and uppercase letters with Shift.When typing with Caps Lock ON, I get uppercase letters without Shift, but PowerShell ignores any letters typed with the Shift key. Any letters typed with Shift do not...
  6. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  7. Random Letters Typing

Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  8. letter G will not type

letter G will not type: letter G will not type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/letter-g-will-not-type/bc46792a-c5db-4ee2-9e7f-a953725c18bb
  9. Hawaiian Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hawaiian Keyboard: Does Microsoft ever plan to have the Hawaiian dictionary available? It's available on MAC, iPhone, iPad, Android but nothing Microsoft. Is this something you plan to support? Hawaiian is a language in case you weren't aware. They call it ‘Ōlelo Hawaiʻi and it would be...
  10. How to disable the "type letter" effect?

in Browsers and Email
    How to disable the "type letter" effect?: Update: I just needed to press F7 to disable it! Curse that F7! *Tongue So recently this 'thing' appeared again and I would like to disable it because it's kind of annoying seeing it on non-typeable places. Here's a screenshot: [img] 46401