Windows 10: How to type text symbols and special characters in windows

Discus and support How to type text symbols and special characters in windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to know is there any way to type text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Im_Sunny_99, Nov 9, 2020.

1. How to type text symbols and special characters in windows

I want to know is there any way to type text symbols and special characters in windows 10?

As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+.

Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text?

Thank you.

:)

Im_Sunny_99, Nov 9, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

What is the link to special Characters and symbols

Hi Barry

Special characters like that in Windows 10 are stored in font files, like Wingdings, Dingbats, Symbol . . etc

What program are you typing into in Windows 10?

DaveM121, Nov 9, 2020
  3. HazGB Win User
    Dropping a special character into text

A few years ago I used to have a facility, when typing a document, to drag a special character, eg a mathematical symbol, from a small font app displayed at the side of my text, and drop it into the body of my document. I have looked everywhere for this
    little app which, incidentally was FREE. Anybody know what happened to this facility?

HazGB, Nov 9, 2020
  4. How to type text symbols and special characters in windows

What is the link to special Characters and symbols

Hello Barry,

The tutorial below can help show you how to open and use Character Map in Windows 10 to insert special characters and symbols with.

Open and Use Character Map in Windows

Shawn Brink, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

How to type text symbols and special characters in windows

1. How to type text symbols and special characters in windows - Similar Threads - type text symbols

2. Windows turns symbols into special characters, for example when I type "e it becomes ë

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows turns symbols into special characters, for example when I type "e it becomes ë: When I type symbols like " nothing appears not even the symbol, but the next letter I type turns into a special character, like ë https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-turns-symbols-into-special-characters-for/a40f1d6e-8f71-4ddb-87f8-93bd35e5c635
  3. Windows turns symbols into special characters, for example when I type "e it becomes ë

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows turns symbols into special characters, for example when I type "e it becomes ë: When I type symbols like " nothing appears not even the symbol, but the next letter I type turns into a special character, like ë https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-turns-symbols-into-special-characters-for/a40f1d6e-8f71-4ddb-87f8-93bd35e5c635
  4. typing special characters

typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  5. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  6. How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows: I want to know is there any way to insert text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+. Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text? Thank you....
  7. Find symbols/special characters in Windows 10 !!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Find symbols/special characters in Windows 10 !!!: Windows 10 lets us search for emojis by bringing the Emoji panel (WIN + .) and typing the emoji name. But why doesn’t it let us search for symbols? It has a Symbols panel and zillions of special characters in it. But I never manage to find the symbol I'm looking for...
  8. Dropping a special character into text

Dropping a special character into text: A few years ago I used to have a facility, when typing a document, to drag a special character, eg a mathematical symbol, from a small font app displayed at the side of my text, and drop it into the body of my document. I have looked everywhere for this little app which,...
  9. having problem typing special characters @ and "

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    having problem typing special characters @ and ": Just cleaned the keyboard after switching off my laptop. Since then I am having problem typing @ and " characters. May be coincidental. Have checked and the language input is on English (US). Please help...
  10. Cannot type ALT+### Codes for Special Characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot type ALT+### Codes for Special Characters: This problem has gone one for 3 years. ALT+### codes do not work for most Windows Apps. I have had Windows Support troubleshoot this, with no success. I have had SteelSeries (keyboard manufacturer) troubleshoot this, with no success. The only app I have that it works with is...