Windows 10: How to un encrypt a bitlocked drive with do decryption option in control panel

Discus and support How to un encrypt a bitlocked drive with do decryption option in control panel in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Dell insperion I purchased new that is a complete dog. I was going to replace the hard drive with an SSD when I discovered it was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ktmfanatic, Aug 21, 2019.

1. How to un encrypt a bitlocked drive with do decryption option in control panel

I have a Dell insperion I purchased new that is a complete dog. I was going to replace the hard drive with an SSD when I discovered it was bitlocked(Windows 10 home build 17134). I have tried several paths to disable it which I have now successfully done, however I cant for the life of me figure out how to decrypt the drive. I want to clone this drive because I dont want to have to reinstall everything and I also lost some of the software keys.

I first tried to option 1 from this link. However there is no bitlocker option on my machine. <--- this is really the issues as this is the only place on the internet that I can find to decrypt the drive.

I then used the power shell commands but when I removed the drive it was still showing as locked.

I then had to go to control panel>administrative tools>services>bitlocker, I then stopped the service and also disabled it. I rebooted the machine and then confirmed it is still off. However, when mounting this to a USB sata dock it is still saying its locked.

any ideas how I can decrypt this so I can easily create an image of this disk? BTW, I do have the decryption key but that isnt doing me any good with my push button drive cloner.....

:)

ktmfanatic, Aug 21, 2019

2. Bitlocker menu in Control Panel is gone!!!!!

Hi,

From the above screenshot I see that you are not able to access or see the Bitlocker Drive Encryption in Control Panel, i suggest you to change the view of the Control panel and then check if you are able to access or view it.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Select the View by options in the upper right pane.
    • In Category select the small icons and then check if you can view the Bitlocker Drive Encryption option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 21, 2019
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 21, 2019
  4. How to un encrypt a bitlocked drive with do decryption option in control panel

Restore from Bitlocker encrypted external drive?

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

The unit must be encrypted.

Deactivation of the BitLocker drive encryption

Click Start, Control Panel, Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

From the BitLocker Drive Encryption page, find the volume for which you want to disable BitLocker and click Deactivate BitLocker Drive Encryption.

From the dialog box, what level of decryption do you want? click on Disable BitLocker drive encryption or on Decrypt volume, as necessary.

Once this procedure is finished, either BitLocker has been disabled or the operating system volume has been decrypted.

Additional resources

The following resources provide additional information about BitLocker Drive Encryption:

For help with BitLocker Drive Encryption and any Microsoft Windows component, choose one of the support options displayed on the Microsoft Help and Support website (Microsoft - Official Home Page
    /? LinkId = 76619).

MiguelChiappori, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

How to un encrypt a bitlocked drive with do decryption option in control panel

1. How to un encrypt a bitlocked drive with do decryption option in control panel - Similar Threads - encrypt bitlocked drive

2. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  3. how to decrypt the disk encrypted with Bitlocker for good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to decrypt the disk encrypted with Bitlocker for good: Hi.I have a very important issue. I wanted to use my disk with my friend's professional computer. We couldn't save any files on it without encrypting it with BitLocker. We weren't aware of what this software is so we did it... And now I can't run this disk on my Mac computer....
  4. how to decrypt the disk encrypted with Bitlocker for good

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to decrypt the disk encrypted with Bitlocker for good: Hi.I have a very important issue. I wanted to use my disk with my friend's professional computer. We couldn't save any files on it without encrypting it with BitLocker. We weren't aware of what this software is so we did it... And now I can't run this disk on my Mac computer....
  5. how to decrypt the disk encrypted with Bitlocker for good

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller: So I have a fairly new AMD machine running Win10. I have a Pro Switch controller that I used on Steam on a Win10 Intel Machine. The controller is now not being recognized by my new machine. [ATTACH] None of these PCI devices are able to update automatically. When...
  7. Drive is locked by Bitlocker Drive Encryption. You must unlock this drive from Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive is locked by Bitlocker Drive Encryption. You must unlock this drive from Control Panel: I got a message startup repair couldn't repair your PC. I tried the suggestions through command prompt and self repair but none of them work because by C drive is locked. I get the message "This drive is locked by Bitlocker Drive Encryption. You must unlock this drive from...
  8. No option related to bitlocker is showing in control panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No option related to bitlocker is showing in control panel: [IMG] I wanted to remove bitlocker encryption from my drives but I can't see any option related to bitlocker in my control panel to remove it. I also tried using powershell commands to remove the lock but it's showing I don't have the administrative rights but my account is...
  9. PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller: Hi, Anyone know why I'm getting this, I've installed all the drivers for my motherboard of the official website here : ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Motherboards | ASUS Global But I'm still getting this. (See screenshot) [img] 141184
  10. Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker: While I was decrypting my disk that I had encrypted using BitLocker, the laptop suddenly shutdown and then I lost access to the disk. The system isn’t accepting my correct password and code. Windows 10 requires for credentials, thinks for a while and then closes without...