Windows 10: How to Un-link Second Window's 10 device Surface Pro 7 from original PC

Discus and support How to Un-link Second Window's 10 device Surface Pro 7 from original PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 and set up the account using my current Microsoft information. Now when I make any changes to the Surface Pro, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by warrenhamlet, Apr 15, 2020.

1. How to Un-link Second Window's 10 device Surface Pro 7 from original PC

I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 and set up the account using my current Microsoft information. Now when I make any changes to the Surface Pro, the exact change occurs on my current PC. How can I prevent this from happening? Do I need to create a second account on the Surface Pro 7?

:)

warrenhamlet, Apr 15, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Trejjy Win User
    Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3 - "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC."

Hello all,

I have just completed an update to my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10. All went good except the device can no longer find the wireless device on the PC. I can't pickup any Wi-Fi network, and I cant pick up any bluetooth devices such as my bluetooth mouse.

I have tried the steps listed below with no luck:

Step 1:
    Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and tap or click Settings, tap or click Power, and then tap or clickShut down.

Step 2:
    After your Surface turns off, press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds, and then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds.

Step 3:
    After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.

Step 4:

Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Are there any other avenues I should be looking at for resolution?

Thanks

Trej

Trejjy, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How to Un-link Second Window's 10 device Surface Pro 7 from original PC

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

How to Un-link Second Window's 10 device Surface Pro 7 from original PC

1. How to Un-link Second Window's 10 device Surface Pro 7 from original PC - Similar Threads - link Second Window's

2. Second monitor upside down - Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor upside down - Surface Pro 7: Hitachi external monitor displays upside down when "Duplicate these displays" is selected under Display settings. With other options Extend these displays, or Show only on 1, or Show only on 2 the external monitor shows the correct orientation. PC is Surface Pro 7 with...
  3. Second monitor upside down - Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor upside down - Surface Pro 7: Hitachi external monitor displays upside down when "Duplicate these displays" is selected under Display settings. With other options Extend these displays, or Show only on 1, or Show only on 2 the external monitor shows the correct orientation. PC is Surface Pro 7 with...
  4. Surface pro 7 Camera devices missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 7 Camera devices missing: There are no devices under Camera in device manager, and when I scan for new hardware they are not found, either. Front or Rear. I have turned camera on under privacy. I have downloaded all,of the camera apps in Microsoft store. NOTHING WORKS. Any ideas, the Surface Pro is...
  5. Surface Pro 7 - Second monitor "Inactive"

Surface Pro 7 - Second monitor "Inactive": Hello, I see a number of others with surface pro 7s have had this same issue and all the threads are locked with no solution. Until a couple weeks ago, my surface pro 7 worked fine with my docking station and two monitors. Now when I go to plug into the docking station,...
  6. Upgraded from a Surface Go to Surface Pro 7 but I can't link my windows 10 Pro account from...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded from a Surface Go to Surface Pro 7 but I can't link my windows 10 Pro account from...: I recently got a surface Pro 7 and I would like to continue using my windows 10 pro account but I can not activate it on this computer which came with windows 10 already installed. I unlinked the previous device and cleaned the data but I can not activate it on my new...
  7. Windows 10 or Surface Pro 7?

Windows 10 or Surface Pro 7?: Until last week no problems that weren't easily resolved with printing from my Surface Pro 7 to my HP Envy 7800 printer. This week, can print if I am printing from a document that is already saved in my Docs. But if I get an email and want to print, it cannot find the HP,...
  8. Surface Pro 7 windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Pro 7 windows: I need help with an issue my surface pro is frozen completely on what I was doing and the power button holding for 10 secs doesn't work. Should I let it die so it can turn off on it's own? Thx.... submitted by /u/Vincent_29392 [link] [comments]...
  9. how to un-sycn devices surface pro to a laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to un-sycn devices surface pro to a laptop: How do you un-sycn two devices?. Just started today after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-un-sycn-devices-surface-pro-to-a-laptop/51370ba5-c757-41c7-bf3d-9cce4a370b91"
  10. How to re-link Photos from iPhone to Surface Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-link Photos from iPhone to Surface Pro?: How can I re-link my phone photos to my surface. It just isn't me. My husband is having the same problem. lost link of photos from iPhone 8plus to surface pro Help!!! ***Modified title from: As of August 1st, 2019, I lost the linking of Iphone 8plus to my surface...