Windows 10: How to Un-pause updates under Updates and Security in Settings?

Discus and support How to Un-pause updates under Updates and Security in Settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Acer Aspire 5738 has Windows 10 Home. Few months back, I put pause for 7 days on Win updates just to try. I don't see any benefit from it. So, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ami500, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Ami500 Win User

How to Un-pause updates under Updates and Security in Settings?

My Acer Aspire 5738 has Windows 10 Home. Few months back, I put pause for 7 days on Win updates just to try. I don't see any benefit from it. So, I want to REMOVE this pause.

I went to Advanced Options. I changed to Select Date in the drop down box below Pause Updates. And there is no slider to turn ON/OFF the pause. I thought "Pause updates for 7 days" notification will go away on Updates and Security page in Settings. It didn't!

Please help to resolve this minor issue.

:)

Ami500, Jan 13, 2020

2. set the updated when shut down the laptop

Hi,

Installing the updates on your device will make sure that your PC is on its maximum performance. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you pause the updates on your computer from the
    Settings. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security.
    • Under the Update settings section, click Advanced options.
    • Turn on the Pause Updates under the Choose when updates are installed
      section.
    • It will temporarily pause the updates on your device for 35 days.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Jorge Win User
    Microsoft to Roll Out Four Security Updates Next Week

So that's (4) down and 40 Billion more security updates to go before any Microsucks O/S will be even remotely secure. I'd suggest Bill get off his arse and get the first Billion security fixes out this year.

Jorge, Jan 13, 2020
  4. How to Un-pause updates under Updates and Security in Settings?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

How to Un-pause updates under Updates and Security in Settings?

1. How to Un-pause updates under Updates and Security in Settings? - Similar Threads - pause updates under

2. PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!: WINDOWS 11 > SETTINGS > WINDOWS UPDATE > MORE OPTIONS > PAUSE UPDATES "GET THE LATEST UPDATES TO PAUSE AGAIN" Is this button supposed to change when updates are paused, or is that only reflected in the windows heading? I'm seeing the button constantly shows "Pause Updates",...
  3. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  4. Cannot un pause windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot un pause windows update?: And it constantly says the device is missing an important security and quality fix and it freezes when I click on advanced options [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-un-pause-windows-update/227363b9-b310-4ea6-8b49-1a87571fc6fa
  5. Update Pause

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update Pause: How do I cancel or de select and update pause https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-pause/9c8a032f-07d5-4bcb-952f-6a15477088d4
  6. update policies - how do I un-set?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    update policies - how do I un-set?: This computer is not part of a work domain or workgroup, I don't need to log in here, this is my home computer. When windows 10 was new, I ran a bunch of stuff that claimed to help stop Windows 10 from snooping on me, and that's what I think did this. That was many years ago...
  7. update policies - how do I un-set?

in Windows 10 Support
    update policies - how do I un-set?: This computer is not part of a work domain or workgroup, I don't need to log in here, this is my home computer. When windows 10 was new, I ran a bunch of stuff that claimed to help stop Windows 10 from snooping on me, and that's what I think did this. That was many years ago...
  8. Pause Updates Not Pausing

Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  9. "Windows Update" Tab Missing Under "Update & Security"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Windows Update" Tab Missing Under "Update & Security": Hello, I noticed a few days ago that the "Windows Update" Tab in the "Update & Security" section of the Settings App had disappeared. [ATTACH] I've done all the basic troubleshooting steps, sfc, etc, nothing is reporting any errors or issues. I would prefer not to...
  10. Pausing updates

Pausing updates: First the question, then the background. I'm on Windows 10, build 1703, kb15063.786. I turned on the Pause update option. What exactly will this stop? Namely, will this prevent build 1709 from downloading and updating, and for how long? The background: I was on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to un pause an updated on i phone 7

2. turn off windows paused updates

3. unpause windows update Jan 2020

4. how un-puase window updates,
  5. i dont want to pause updates