Windows 10: How to UN Sync Background Displays between devices

Discus and support How to UN Sync Background Displays between devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time my son changes his desktop display background, it changes on my laptop background picture as well. How do I stop that from happening - How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mrs. H0207, Nov 25, 2020.

1. How to UN Sync Background Displays between devices

Every time my son changes his desktop display background, it changes on my laptop background picture as well. How do I stop that from happening - How do we separate our devices so this does not keep happening?

:)

Mrs. H0207, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Liam K. Win User

Background and Theme won't Sync Between Surface Devices

Greetings, all!

I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 and am trying to sync the background wallpaper and theme with a Surface Laptop 3 (both running Windows 10). It's been several days and the wallpaper/theme is still not in sync, however. Here is a chronological list of
    steps taken in an attempt to resolve the issue:

1) Confirmed that I was logged into my Microsoft account on both devices

2) Toggled the "Sync settings" switch in "Settings->Sync your settings" off and back on for both devices

3) Restarted the SettingsSyncHost.exe process as suggested in this post

4) Waited 24 hours for changes to take effect

5) Confirmed that OneDrive sync was turned on for both devices

6) Closed and re-opened OneDrive to see if this would "kick-start" the sync process again

7) Waited 48 more hours for changes to take effect

8) Verified that the box for "Enable syncing Internet Explorer settings and data" was checked, as suggested in this

OneDrive sync appears to be fully functional - I put some test files in my Surface Laptop's OneDrive desktop and they promptly showed up in the OneDrive desktop on the Surface Pro. The only thing not syncing in the background and theme.

Is there a way to manually force a sync between the devices' themes, instead of waiting for OneDrive to do so at whatever time it so pleases? How to UN Sync Background Displays between devices :)

Thanks for your assistance!

- Liam

Liam K., Nov 25, 2020
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to UN Sync Background Displays between devices

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

How to UN Sync Background Displays between devices

1. How to UN Sync Background Displays between devices - Similar Threads - Sync Background Displays

2. Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow: Hey, I'm wondering if there is a way to make the desktop backgrounds sync when using dual monitors, I want to have both the background and colour theme automatically changed with my slideshow basically but I can't seem to find a option for that in my settings. Attached is my...
  3. Background and Theme won't Sync Between Surface Devices

Background and Theme won't Sync Between Surface Devices: Greetings, all! I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 and am trying to sync the background wallpaper and theme with a Surface Laptop 3 both running Windows 10. It's been several days and the wallpaper/theme is still not in sync, however. Here is a chronological list of steps...
  4. How to un-forget a bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to un-forget a bluetooth device?: I chose to forget my mouse due to it not working. Hoping reconnecting with it would solve the issue. However, after trying multiple times I can't reconnect to the mouse again. It won't show up on add devices or anything. How can I remember the device? submitted by...
  5. Windows 10 Sync Between Devices Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Sync Between Devices Not Working: I have a windows 10 laptop, sync is turned on in Settings and in Edge browser I bought a new laptop, signed in to windows with the same account, turned on all the sync settings New laptop will not sync to match the existing laptop windows settings I've spent 4 hours...
  6. Backgrounds not syncing

Backgrounds not syncing: Hi Everyone, Just got a new HP Envy 360. Setting up Windows, and everything synced up well. Unfortunately while doing some setup bits, the background all of a sudden went back to a standard Windows picture as the background. Checked my syncing settings, and they're all...
  7. How to sync files between two computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sync files between two computers?: Please recommend in-built options available in Windows 10 that I can use to sync files between two PCs through a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-files-between-two-computers/9ca54b38-cfc2-476d-9559-2675dfd682c4
  8. App settings sync between devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App settings sync between devices?: Hi, In win 8 if I made a change to a setting in mail or IE or added a favourite this information would sync to my other devices so everything was identical with Mail or Edge in 10, they seem to run totally independent on my machine, no settings or favourites get synced,...
  9. Sync Alarms between Devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Alarms between Devices?: Is it possible for me to sync alarms on the Windows Alarm clock between devices? For example, for me to set an alarm up on my tablet, and have it ring on my phone? 96144
  10. Question about sync between devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about sync between devices: I have three computers, desktop with W10 Home, two laptops with W10 Pro. Which of those devices would be the host when it comes to syncing with the other two? Does the OS being Home or Pro affect which one takes over as host? There was a time when I had sync set to yes on...