Windows 10: How to unallocate a "separated" piece of a volume

Discus and support How to unallocate a "separated" piece of a volume in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In an effort to consolidate a lot of wasted space on a large disk, I shrank some volumes. This left me with two unallocated partitions on different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JodiC6, Jun 9, 2023.

1. JodiC6 Win User

How to unallocate a "separated" piece of a volume

In an effort to consolidate a lot of wasted space on a large disk, I shrank some volumes. This left me with two unallocated partitions on different parts of the disk. So far, so good. I then went to the first unallocated partition I thought and created a simple volume Data2 N:.This created that volume on *both* unallocated spaces. So then I tried to shrink Data2, which shrunk only the first partition, leaving the second half untouched and still showing as Data2So now I have a partition that is in two pieces on the drive, with an unallocated portion next to the first one. I want to resize

:)

JodiC6, Jun 9, 2023

2. how to unshrink a unallocated volume?

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Are you trying to add the unallocated system memory to an existing drive?

2) What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are trying the un-shrink the unallocated memory with an existing drive, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Press Windows key + x, and select Disk management.

2) Right click on the drive, on which you want to extent the unallocated memory.

3) Select Extent volume.

4) Follow the onscreen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 9, 2023
  3. farby Win User
    Separate Volume Control

You need to add your Vote
    HERE

farby, Jun 9, 2023
  4. farby Win User

separate setting for ringer volume and media volume?

There is NO separate volume setting .. You may add your Vote
    HERE

farby, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

1. How to unallocate a "separated" piece of a volume - Similar Threads - unallocate separated piece

2. Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume: I'm using Windows 10 2019 LTSC. I have a 119 GB drive Disk 0. On this drive there is: - system partition 260 BM - C 113 GB- some "unallocated" but protected space 5.68 GB.I want to shrink C by 64 GB Rightclick -> Shrink volume... with 65536 typed in. C Has only 49 GB on...
  3. How to unallocate a "separated" piece of a volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unallocate a "separated" piece of a volume: In an effort to consolidate a lot of wasted space on a large disk, I shrank some volumes. This left me with two unallocated partitions on different parts of the disk. So far, so good. I then went to the first unallocated partition I thought and created a simple volume Data2...
  4. How to unallocate a "separated" piece of a volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to unallocate a "separated" piece of a volume: In an effort to consolidate a lot of wasted space on a large disk, I shrank some volumes. This left me with two unallocated partitions on different parts of the disk. So far, so good. I then went to the first unallocated partition I thought and created a simple volume Data2...
  5. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  6. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  7. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?: I was trying to make a video of a game. I'm having a bug where only some sounds obey the sound settings (ubisoft for you). Anyway the only way I can get the sound right is by lowering the master volume in the sound settings of windows 10 but that also makes my mic too quiet....
  9. Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive?

Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive?: Hello! Today, I received my new laptop link here. After doing some research, I found this article from Microsoft link here about extending a basic volume. Ideally, I would like to take the unallocated 931 GB volume and move it to my C: drive but I'm confused by these...
  10. Separating two headphones volume settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Separating two headphones volume settings: I have two sets of different headphones and I use them separately throughout the day. Unplug one, plug the other one. Now, they play the same sounds at different volume and I understand why that happens, but that's quite uncomfortable. In volume mixer there is only one slider...