Windows 10: How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection

Discus and support How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am looking to uncheck the Smart Cards box in Remote Desktop Connections Local Resources > Devices and resources > More... area. I attempted this by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaTexican, Mar 29, 2019.

1. DaTexican Win User

How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection

I am looking to uncheck the Smart Cards box in Remote Desktop Connections Local Resources > Devices and resources > More... area.

I attempted this by disabling this in GPO under Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Device and Resource Redirection/Do not allow smart card device redirection however this seems to be a seperate setting.

I need this fix to be able to be used in a enterprise enviornment, not a one off computer.

:)

DaTexican, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*

The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* in the list of available networks.

Please! note!

Not talking about *Saved Networks* or "known networks"! Please, do not address either of these.

Also, understand that (in theory) one shouldn't worry because it won't actually automatically connect (but it does anyway...).

Simply, how can I completely ignore - especially to include a check in the Connect Automatically Checkbox

- unwanted - unsolicited networks in the available networks list (the one typically accessed from the taskbar icon.)

Not asking about how to forget known networks.

Can see how this is done and can do it.

And also without regard to whether or not my client might actually connect to unwanted networks.

Understand that there may be a challenge for protected networks - and even unprotected networks should require some input?

(but then why autoconnect, if true? /boggle)

Don't want *even the appearance* that *my* settings allow for automatic connection to networks

that I don't want to ever ever connect to

- by being able to uncheck that Connect Automatically Checkbox -

for networks that I've neither saved - nor ever connected to.

Have expressed these points fairly exactingly and painfully redundantly in hopes of drawing only pertinent advice for this specific issue

- thanks in advance!

Needan Ansuh, Mar 29, 2019
  4. How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection

1. How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection - Similar Threads - uncheck Smart Cards

2. How do I uncheck “Remember Me” on Remote Desktop Connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uncheck “Remember Me” on Remote Desktop Connection?: I am using Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 10 and yesterday I check the “Remember Me” button and it has worked ever since but now I need to uncheck it and can’t get back to the page where I typed in my credentials. How do I turn it back off now?...
  3. How do I uncheck “Remember Me” on Remote Desktop Connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uncheck “Remember Me” on Remote Desktop Connection?: I am using Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 10 and yesterday I check the “Remember Me” button and it has worked ever since but now I need to uncheck it and can’t get back to the page where I typed in my credentials. How do I turn it back off now?...
  4. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  5. Connect a smart card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect a smart card: I am using the digital signature on the remote desktop user and it shows the error "Connect a smart card"how to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-a-smart-card/604042bc-0da2-4fbf-92a7-ee8e5150d5f7
  6. Graphic card processing at Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphic card processing at Remote Desktop Connection: Which graphic card (my desktop or the server's graphic card) is under load when I'm connecting to a server via RDC of Windows 10? submitted by /u/returnofdinosaurs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mny7qy/graphic_card_processing_at_remote_desktop/
  7. Connect Smart Card error but it is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect Smart Card error but it is connected: I have a laptop that was upgraded from Windows 10 1703 to 1909. When using my smart card reader I get an error to connect a smart card. In Device Manager the reader shows up when connected. I have rolled back the drivers, reinstalled several times and updated to the newest...
  8. Unable to connect to remote desktop: "The smart card service is not running"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect to remote desktop: "The smart card service is not running": I am trying to use a remote desktop connection with a smart card reader on Parallels Windows 10. Every time I try to connect I receive the error message "The smart card service in not running. Please start the smart card service and try again.". I have checked in Services and...
  9. The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*: The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* in the list of available networks. Please! note! Not talking about *Saved Networks* or "known networks"! Please, do not address either of these. Also, understand that (in theory) one shouldn't worry because it...
  10. Connect a Smart Card

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect a Smart Card: I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart card. Please help to sort this out. Thanks in advance. 30636

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uncheck smart cards