Windows 10: How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?

Discus and support How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. I hope to use powercfg command code to uncheck the power setting of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shiwan0804, Jun 25, 2021.

1. How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?

Hi, everyone. I hope to use powercfg command code to uncheck the power setting of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" of my network chip named as Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (12) I219-V. Q. Please you tell me that the command code of powercfg can uncheck the power setting of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" as aforementioned. Thanks a lot.

:)

shiwan0804, Jun 25, 2021

2. probldems with power

Hi,

Your concern about your laptop turning off completely when placed on sleep mode may indicate a possible improper power plan configuration. As an initial step to rule out any power settings issues, we suggest that you reset the settings to default. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search box.
    • Right clickCommand Prompt from the list, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Wait for the command to finish and restart the device if prompted.

Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Darwin Dim, Jun 25, 2021
  3. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are facing issues with the Windows 10 Sleep, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of your system?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?

Meanwhile, this issue could be related to the Hybrid sleep and the Fast Startup. Hence, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

Steps to turn off Hybrid Sleep:

1. Click on Start icon.
    2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    3. Click on Power Options, then click on Change plan settings.
    4. Click on Change advanced power settings and expand
      Sleep
      option.
    5. Now expand Allow hybrid sleep and then change settings to
      Off.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.

Steps to turn off Fast Startup:

1. Click on the Start icon.
    2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    3. Click on Power Options.
    4. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    5. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    6. Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    7. Click on Save changes. This will turn off fast startup.

Restart the system and check if the issue still persists.

We would also like you to open command prompt (Admin) after the PC wakes up. (Type in Windows search
    CMD and then right click on it, select Run as Administrator)

Then type the command as mentioned in the /lastwake & /energy
    section from this Powercfg command-line
    options
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 25, 2021
  4. How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?

Lenovo Flex 3-1580, Windows 10 shuts down in the middle of working on laptop, power mode is set to never shut off

Hi Paul,

This issue may have been caused by an incorrect power plan settings.

You can run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Choose and run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset and restore the power plans to default. To do this, follow these steps;

• On the Start menu, type Command Prompt. Right-click the result, and then select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy this command and hit Enter.

powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    • Restart your computer to apply the changes.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?

1. How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command? - Similar Threads - uncheck power setting

2. The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command: Could someone explain me the meaning from the above two consecutive records? These are from sleep-study report. Does it mean the system was force shutdown?Thank you!...
  3. The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command: Could someone explain me the meaning from the above two consecutive records? These are from sleep-study report. Does it mean the system was force shutdown?Thank you!...
  4. How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?: Hi, everyone. I hope to use powercfg command code to uncheck the power setting of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" of my network chip named as Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (12) I219-V. Q. Please you tell me that the command code of powercfg can...
  5. How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers a built-in Power mode control, available when you click on the […] This article How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to change Processor Power State when on battery using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Processor Power State when on battery using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The process power state is a feature under Power Options that determines the CPU […] This article How to change Processor Power State when on battery using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to change the Power Plan type using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Power Plan type using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Power Plan is an important part of your computer, especially if it’s a laptop […] This article How to change the Power Plan type using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to set Monitor Timeout using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set Monitor Timeout using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]While Windows settings allow you to change monitor timeout, so it turns off when […] This article How to set Monitor Timeout using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command?: I know "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes" restores all the settings in the scheme. But I did not record the default value of a setting before I changed it. Now I want to restore that setting. How do I do this?...
  10. Most useful commands for PowerCFG command line

in Windows 10 News
    Most useful commands for PowerCFG command line: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Power Configuration or powercfg.exe is a command-line tool in Windows which allows you to configure power system settings. It is especially useful for laptops which run on battery and will enable you to configure hardware-specific configurations which are...