Windows 10: How to understand and fix a security issue.

Discus and support How to understand and fix a security issue. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,my windows icon says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I don't know how to fix. Computer is running slow.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Darwyn Whiteside, May 16, 2023.

1. How to understand and fix a security issue.

Hello,my windows icon says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I don't know how to fix. Computer is running slow.

:)

Darwyn Whiteside, May 16, 2023
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 16, 2023
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, May 16, 2023
  4. How to understand and fix a security issue.

Microsoft Edge Security Issues

Hi Corey,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know which anti-virus program are you using?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

• Open Microsoft edge and click on () button.

• Click on Settings and click on Advanced settings.
    • On cookies option select Don’t block cookies.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step.

Method 2.

If a computer is infected by a virus, lots of resources will be taken up to greatly slow down computer performance. I suggest you to run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to delete browsing history, cookies and cached and check.

• Open Microsoft edge and click on () button.

• Go to settings and click on Choose what to clear
      tab under clear browsing data.

• And clear browsing history, cached and cookies.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you

Billion Debbarma, May 16, 2023
Thema:

How to understand and fix a security issue.

1. How to understand and fix a security issue. - Similar Threads - understand fix security

2. How to fix no internet secured issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix no internet secured issue: Issue has been happening for 3 days. Will just say no internet secured when i join any wifi. Already tried the network reset was wondering if anyone else knew of any other ways to fix it, thank you....
  3. How to fix no internet secured issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix no internet secured issue: Issue has been happening for 3 days. Will just say no internet secured when i join any wifi. Already tried the network reset was wondering if anyone else knew of any other ways to fix it, thank you....
  4. How to understand and fix a security issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to understand and fix a security issue.: Hello,my windows icon says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I don't know how to fix. Computer is running slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-understand-and-fix-a-security-issue/ca87b521-1602-40d5-84bf-84c1298991d3
  5. How to understand and fix a security issue.

How to understand and fix a security issue.: Hello,my windows icon says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I don't know how to fix. Computer is running slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-understand-and-fix-a-security-issue/ca87b521-1602-40d5-84bf-84c1298991d3
  6. Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue

Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue: Pls fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-messed-up-how-to-fix-this/2af24a34-e0c4-4aaa-a497-2b8ea31d8148
  7. Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue: Look at the Screenshot And pls tell me how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-messed-up-how-to-fix-this/3e4269f5-e7a2-48ec-9d25-2c65631f747c
  8. Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue

Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue: Look at the Screenshot And pls tell me how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-messed-up-how-to-fix-this/3e4269f5-e7a2-48ec-9d25-2c65631f747c
  9. Understanding Security Warnings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Understanding Security Warnings: Apologies, this is a Win XP question (but I don't know a good XP place to ask) and it may be valid for Win 10 Someone sent me some zipped up mp3's via "FileFactory". I have them and all's fine - except as I do stuff with them I was getting "Open File Security Warning". I've...
  10. Understanding Secure Boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Understanding Secure Boot: I don't really understand what this is? I made sure that I had it set to disabled when I installed Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition yesterday because I read that I should do that on the forums here. It was disabled by default on my MSI M/Board anyway. I did install...