Windows 10: How to undo a change to smb client config settings

Discus and support How to undo a change to smb client config settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have made a change to a computer that is running winver 1809 that was supposed to be applied to winver 1803 only. How do I go back to my original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RosaSilcox, Mar 12, 2019.

1. How to undo a change to smb client config settings

I have made a change to a computer that is running winver 1809 that was supposed to be applied to winver 1803 only. How do I go back to my original settings or undo the change I have made?

:)

RosaSilcox, Mar 12, 2019

2. BF3 Config Utility

New! BF3 Config Utility v1.7

Change Log v1.7
    • Changed "5.1 Surround Sound" to "5.1 / 7.1 Surround Sound. - Thanks Sgt.Denzil!
    • Now "Your Sound System" settings remember your settings when enabling or disabling "5.1 / 7.1 Surround Sound".
    • Now the "Desired Horizontal FOV" saves your last setting instead of reverting back to "90".
    • Added the ability to make direct changes in the Config Tab Window.
    • Added a "Save" button on the Config Tab to save changes made directly in the Config Tab Window.
    • Added a "Undo" button on the Config Tab to revert back to your previous settings and not just "Reset" back to default.
    • Changed the Call out on the "Donate" button.
    • Added what version to the top of the "BF3 Config Utility". - Thanks Druuge Fuel!
    • Added new Config Tab pic to Screen shot section
    Version v1.6 received 5131 downloads! *Toast :toast: Thanks everyone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Mar 12, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct)

The Powershell commands are most likely buried. I know that there is a tutorial out there. Here are the commands.

How to enable or disable SMB protocols on the SMB client
    Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012

Note When you enable or disable SMBv2 in Windows 8 or in Windows Server 2012, SMBv3 is also enabled or disabled. This behavior occurs because these protocols share the same stack.
    To disable SMBv1 on the SMB client, run the following commands:
    sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb20/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb10 start= disabled
    To enable SMBv1 on the SMB client, run the following commands:
    sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/mrxsmb20/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb10 start= auto
    To disable SMBv2 and SMBv3 on the SMB client, run the following commands:
    sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled
    To enable SMBv2 and SMBv3 on the SMB client, run the following commands:
    sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/mrxsmb20/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= auto

Notes
    You must run these commands at an elevated command prompt.
    You must restart the computer after you make these changes.

bro67, Mar 12, 2019
  4. How to undo a change to smb client config settings

BF3 Config Utility

New! BF3 Config Utility v1.3

Change Log v1.3
    • New 5.1 setting!
    • Added call outs to settings.
    • Changed both Profile config and Config File display text to richtext format. Now you can see the settings easier. I plain to turn the Config File Text display into a Real Text Editor, and not just a crappy notepad viewer. This new display will send the return carriage, and not show it.
    • New screen shots of the General Tab and Config File tab have been added to the OP.
    Version v1.2 got 233 downloads! *Toast :toast: Thanks everyone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

How to undo a change to smb client config settings

1. How to undo a change to smb client config settings - Similar Threads - undo change smb

2. Bug in client smb cache?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in client smb cache?: Apparently, there is a bug in the cache design of smb client after updating a binary on a UNC path by using the trick of moving the old binary and copying the new one.--- HERE IS THE REPRODUCIBLE TEST CASE ---First, you can compile two console c++ applications:test-old.exe...
  3. Bug in client smb cache?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug in client smb cache?: Apparently, there is a bug in the cache design of smb client after updating a binary on a UNC path by using the trick of moving the old binary and copying the new one.--- HERE IS THE REPRODUCIBLE TEST CASE ---First, you can compile two console c++ applications:test-old.exe...
  4. Bug in client smb cache?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help with SMB Client Error Event ID 30803

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with SMB Client Error Event ID 30803: In troubleshooting a network connection issue, I'm seeing repeated Errors in Windows' Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > SMBClient > Connectivity log reporting Error Event ID 30803: - <Event...
  6. Help with SMB Client Error Event ID 30803

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with SMB Client Error Event ID 30803: In troubleshooting a network connection issue, I'm seeing repeated Errors in Windows' Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > SMBClient > Connectivity log reporting Error Event ID 30803: - <Event...
  7. Help with SMB Client Error Event ID 30803

8. Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server

Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server: Hi all, Have been trawling high and low to look at this issue and I know there are some other threads out there that discuss this, but not this specific issue. We have 2 Windows 10 computers, one acting as SMB Server and the other a client sharing an application that...
  9. Question about disabling SMB 1.0/CIFS Client!

Question about disabling SMB 1.0/CIFS Client!: Hello, I have 4 computers on my home network. And I know it is very important to disable SMBv1 on Windows. So I disabled SMB 1.0/CIFS Server which does not cause any issues but if I also disable SMB 1.0/CIFS Client it stops my computers from showing in the network folder....
  10. Undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undoing changes: I believe I'm trying to do an update on my windows surface. I'm stuck on a screen saying Undoing changes made to your computer? Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undoing-changes/16c70c78-4d6d-466f-a449-bc4d66d18cb9