Windows 10: How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.

Discus and support How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having trouble lately due to jpeg files always opening when I download them. I know accidentally clicked "always open files of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by theclapleader, Dec 24, 2018.

1. How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.

Hi, I have been having trouble lately due to jpeg files always opening when I download them. I know accidentally clicked "always open files of this type" setting but I don't know how to undone. Any help would be great. Thanks.

:)

theclapleader, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Kevin_KK Win User
    How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

I accidentally click "always open with" a particular application on a BibTeX file and now the icons of all such files change to the icon of that app and I cannot find a way to undo the operation. In fact, I want Windows to always ask me how to open
    a BibTeX file
    instead of sticking to a specific program. Thanks for any suggestions!

Here I found some related posts but none of them seem to solve my problem:

Here are what I've tried, but none of them works:

• Execute "assoc .bib= && assoc .bibtex=" in cmd.exe as Administrator.
      Nothing happens.
    • In Settings under "choose default apps by file type", remove the default app at ".bib" entry.
      However, there's no such entry.

Kevin_KK, Dec 24, 2018
  4. How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.

Unable to set a default app to open a particular file type on Windows 10.

Hi David,

The above issue might have occurred due to the presence of missing system files and folders on the computer.

Before we assist further, did you try setting the default file type application from system
    Settings page?

Follow the steps below to set default program/application to open a particular file from system
    Settings page and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Default programs and select the top most search result.

• Scroll down the page and click on Choose default apps by file type from the window.

• Locate the file format, click on the program which is set to open the file type and select the application you want to set from
      Choose an App window.

• Close the window and check if you are able to open the file type in the application set as default.

Write to us with the status of the default application issues experienced on the PC on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.

1. How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - undo always open

2. how to set always open file type with back to nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to set always open file type with back to nothing: I accidently set .WAD files to always open with gz doom so is there any way to change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-always-open-file-type-with-back-to/66bb5625-ad71-4042-951a-8e931b167b1e
  3. how to set always open file type with back to nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set always open file type with back to nothing: I accidently set .WAD files to always open with gz doom so is there any way to change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-always-open-file-type-with-back-to/66bb5625-ad71-4042-951a-8e931b167b1e
  4. how to set always open file type with back to nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 11. i have some issues on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 11. i have some issues on...: i have some issues on downloading some mods for games because its changes the file to another type thats because i acidently pressed something wrong the first time and also i couldnt find anything helpful on the internet so hopefully you can help me out and yes i am using...
  6. How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 11. i have some issues on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 11. i have some issues on...: i have some issues on downloading some mods for games because its changes the file to another type thats because i acidently pressed something wrong the first time and also i couldnt find anything helpful on the internet so hopefully you can help me out and yes i am using...
  7. Undo the Always Use selection for opening a specific file type

Undo the Always Use selection for opening a specific file type: Help. My logo vender sent me a vector file in .ai. When I tried to open it, I chose the app Microsoft XML Handler and left "always use" checked. I can't open it. How do I "undo" the always use selection? I just want it to back to the point where it asks me what to use so I...
  8. How to undo "Always open with" option in Windows 10

How to undo "Always open with" option in Windows 10: Can someone help me with this because I can't use any apps which I changed this way. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-undo-always-open-with-option-in-windows-10/6df77bb4-481a-4e31-89b5-2b112cefa74c
  9. How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.

How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.: In Windows 10 Windows or File Explored I selected a file with an extension that I didn't have a program to open it with. So I selected Media player to open it BUT I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT "Always open with" was selected. So now I have all files associated with this program and...
  10. How do I Undo "always open file with"

How do I Undo "always open file with": I have a problem. I have been using sims 4 mods, which uses .package files that need to be downloaded, copied, then moved into a different folder. I am familiar with downloading these, but I clicked an option I thought would make it easier. When I downloaded that file, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. always open with setting

2. always open this file type

3. how to undo always open file of this type

4. Always Open Files of This Type,
  5. always open with,
  6. always open files of this type windows 10,
  7. always open files of this type setting,
  8. undo always open with setting,
  9. how to undo always open with,
  10. how to undo the always open with setting,
  11. how to undo always open with option in windows 7,