Windows 10: How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.

Discus and support How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Windows or File Explored I selected a file with an extension that I didn't have a program to open it with. So I selected Media player to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SELF HELPER 996, May 7, 2020.

1. How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.

In Windows 10 Windows or File Explored I selected a file with an extension that I didn't have a program to open it with. So I selected Media player to open it BUT I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT "Always open with" was selected. So now I have all files associated with this program and cannot use another program to open it.

I need to undo all of the file types of the files that were changed back to the original file type. That original file type was CRDOWNLOAD File. At this time I still know which files TYPE was changed. Problem is that there are many other mp4 files on the drive so I need to be able to change the "file type" on each of the just changed "file type" back to CRDOWNLOAD File.

ANY IDEAS?

:)

SELF HELPER 996, May 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2020
  3. Undo option in File Explorer

Hi Helena,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.

• Click on the drop down of Customize Quick Access Toolbar beside
      File Explorer.

• Click on Undo.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 7, 2020
  4. Ketxxx Win User

How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 7, 2020
Thema:

How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.

1. How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer. - Similar Threads - undo always open

2. File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window: I have under Options selected to "Open each folder in the same Window" yet since the latest Windows 11 update when we finally got tabs, it keeps opening a new window every time I click on a folder. Even if I right-click the folder and select "Open in place" or "Open in new...
  3. Opening Files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Files in File Explorer: Tell me how to open files liked I used to be able to do by double-clicking on a file. Now when I double-click on a file, it simply opens in a preview on the right or highlights the filename as though I want to rename the file. P.S. Quit screwing around with File Explorer....
  4. How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10?: How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10? I cannot seem to do it in "Choose default applications by file type" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-undo-always-open-with-for-jnlp-files-for/36181a23-6349-49b7-9fb0-9d9bbc7ae495
  5. How do I Undo "always open file with"

How do I Undo "always open file with": I have a problem. I have been using sims 4 mods, which uses .package files that need to be downloaded, copied, then moved into a different folder. I am familiar with downloading these, but I clicked an option I thought would make it easier. When I downloaded that file, I...
  6. undoing the choice of how to open files

undoing the choice of how to open files: I downloaded and have previously downloaded sewing files with the extension .exp for my bernina sewing machine. Last night when I was opening zipped files a box opened up asking how to "open the files." I went to the Microsoft store to see what was available but ended up...
  7. Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files": Is there any way to undo a "Always use this app to open .abc files"? I have accidentally tries to open a .asd file with word, which is not possible. Now windows 10 gives the icon for word when a file is of the type .asd. I know this question is asked before, but it always...
  8. Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every file opens with one of the built-in apps in Windows 10 by Microsoft. For example, you may want to set Photos as the default app for a photo viewer. If you are not satisfied with the options suggested by [...] This post Undo or reset Always use this app...
  9. How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.: Hi, I have been having trouble lately due to jpeg files always opening when I download them. I know accidentally clicked "always open files of this type" setting but I don't know how to undone. Any help would be great. Thanks....
  10. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...