Windows 10: How To Undo "Always Open With" On Windows 10 (ASUS X555Q)

Discus and support How To Undo "Always Open With" On Windows 10 (ASUS X555Q) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was going to try opening a jsxbin file with Adobe After Effects, but I accidentally checked the "Always Open With" box. So now, when I click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by syahba, Aug 16, 2019.

1. syahba Win User

How To Undo "Always Open With" On Windows 10 (ASUS X555Q)

I was going to try opening a jsxbin file with Adobe After Effects, but I accidentally checked the "Always Open With" box. So now, when I click the file, it always goes to After Effects. But the Adobe After Effects keeps saying that it's an unsupported filetype. I tried to undo the "Always Open With" with the steps that I found from someone that had a similar problem, it started well until I couldn't find half of the things that the person said to do. I don't know if that's because my laptop has a different interface or something. Can anyone please help me? Thank you.

:)

syahba, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Kevin_KK Win User
    How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

I accidentally click "always open with" a particular application on a BibTeX file and now the icons of all such files change to the icon of that app and I cannot find a way to undo the operation. In fact, I want Windows to always ask me how to open
    a BibTeX file
    instead of sticking to a specific program. Thanks for any suggestions!

Here I found some related posts but none of them seem to solve my problem:

Here are what I've tried, but none of them works:

• Execute "assoc .bib= && assoc .bibtex=" in cmd.exe as Administrator.
      Nothing happens.
    • In Settings under "choose default apps by file type", remove the default app at ".bib" entry.
      However, there's no such entry.

Kevin_KK, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. How To Undo "Always Open With" On Windows 10 (ASUS X555Q) - Similar Threads - Undo Always Open

2. How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]Google Chrome offers Guest mode in its browser, which is useful if you want to give someone temporary access on your computer. The advantage is that nothing is tracked, except if they sign in to some services. While Chrome Guest [...] This post How to always...
  3. Settings not always opening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings not always opening: I've had this problem for a few months although I'm not sure exactly when it started. When I click on Settings (taskbar or menu) it doesn't open right away. I usually have to click 3-4 times. Everything else is fine on both taskbar and menu, it's just Settings that won't open...
  4. Windows always opens on wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows always opens on wrong monitor: Hello, I use 4 monitors, 1 is the internal laptop screen, 2 & 3 are external monitors and the fourth is a smart TV. I only use 3 of these when all are connected, the two externals and the TV. When all are connected the laptop screen is disconnected. Every day when I wake...
  5. how to open screen shots on my asus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open screen shots on my asus: how to open screen shots on my asus, that were taken by a mac; need an app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-screen-shots-on-my-asus/ec1b12a7-dd3c-4113-85a9-404ed3ae5516
  6. How do undo a command

How do undo a command: I can see my NAS folders in file explorer anymore, and found this advice: 1/ run cmd as admin 2/ sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi 3/ sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled However it didnt work for me. Now there no units shown in fileexplorer in...
  7. How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.

How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.: Hi, I have been having trouble lately due to jpeg files always opening when I download them. I know accidentally clicked "always open files of this type" setting but I don't know how to undone. Any help would be great. Thanks....
  8. How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build): I accidentally click "always open with" a particular application on a BibTeX file and now the icons of all such files change to the icon of that app and I cannot find a way to undo the operation. In fact, I want Windows to always ask me how to open a BibTeX file instead of...
  9. Undoing Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Undoing Windows 10 update: I've really had it with windows 10 automated updates. I have Windows 10 home installed on a laptop. Despite having very fast internet access (FIOS 100) whenever these updates download or install the laptop (i8, 8GB ram) goes into a crawl and I can do no work until the...
  10. How to undo restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to undo restore: I was having an issue with writing files, games were not saving. I made the bone headed move to do a restore back to old build and this did not work. I could not make or edit any files in documents, only folders. I think the issue is because something recommended signing in...