Windows 10: How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

Discus and support How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally click "always open with" a particular application on a BibTeX file and now the icons of all such files change to the icon of that app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin_KK, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Kevin_KK Win User

How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

I accidentally click "always open with" a particular application on a BibTeX file and now the icons of all such files change to the icon of that app and I cannot find a way to undo the operation. In fact, I want Windows to always ask me how to open a BibTeX file instead of sticking to a specific program. Thanks for any suggestions!

Here I found some related posts but none of them seem to solve my problem:

Here are what I've tried, but none of them works:

• Execute "assoc .bib= && assoc .bibtex=" in cmd.exe as Administrator. Nothing happens.
    • In Settings under "choose default apps by file type", remove the default app at ".bib" entry. However, there's no such entry.

:)

Kevin_KK, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 April 2018 Update (build 1803)

The title is wrong.
    It's version 1803, the actual build is 17134.1, at the moment.

Alexandrus, Sep 14, 2018
  4. How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

Absolutely. As per Belarc: "Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.48)"

Bill_Bright, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

1. How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build) - Similar Threads - undo always open

2. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I undo "always open with ______": So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?...
  3. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I undo "always open with ______": So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?...
  4. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.: I had an Epub file, I opened it and I accidentally opened it with notepad, I have spent around an hour looking up how to undo this so that I may be able to view the epub file with a much more suitable form of software....
  6. How to undo "Always open with" option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to undo "Always open with" option in Windows 10: Can someone help me with this because I can't use any apps which I changed this way. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-undo-always-open-with-option-in-windows-10/6df77bb4-481a-4e31-89b5-2b112cefa74c
  7. How do I Undo "always open file with"

How do I Undo "always open file with": I have a problem. I have been using sims 4 mods, which uses .package files that need to be downloaded, copied, then moved into a different folder. I am familiar with downloading these, but I clicked an option I thought would make it easier. When I downloaded that file, I...
  8. Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every file opens with one of the built-in apps in Windows 10 by Microsoft. For example, you may want to set Photos as the default app for a photo viewer. If you are not satisfied with the options suggested by [...] This post Undo or reset Always use this app...
  9. How To Undo "Always Open With" On Windows 10 (ASUS X555Q)

How To Undo "Always Open With" On Windows 10 (ASUS X555Q): I was going to try opening a jsxbin file with Adobe After Effects, but I accidentally checked the "Always Open With" box. So now, when I click the file, it always goes to After Effects. But the Adobe After Effects keeps saying that it's an unsupported filetype. I tried to...
  10. How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.: Hi, I have been having trouble lately due to jpeg files always opening when I download them. I know accidentally clicked "always open files of this type" setting but I don't know how to undone. Any help would be great. Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to undo always open with windows 10

2. always open with undo this action microsoft

3. open with always

4. how to undo an always open with,
  5. undo open with windows 10,
  6. how to undo always open with option for vkeyfile,
  7. undo always open,
  8. undo wrong open with always option in a file,
  9. undo option in sway,
  10. win 10 always open with,
  11. win 10 undo always open with setting,