Windows 10: How to undo damage/bugs caused by Windows 10 v 2004 update?

Discus and support How to undo damage/bugs caused by Windows 10 v 2004 update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was forced to install v.2004 update recently. Now when I try to record sound via my mic it sounds a plane prop. I often record videos and sound on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Nov 8, 2020.

1. ahmd Win User

How to undo damage/bugs caused by Windows 10 v 2004 update?

I was forced to install v.2004 update recently. Now when I try to record sound via my mic it sounds a plane prop. I often record videos and sound on that PC and this really sets me back. I did some search and it seems like the issue is with v.2004.

Does anyone know when will they fix it?

PS. Also why are we forced to install something from 2004?

:)

ahmd, Nov 8, 2020
  2. blzmn Win User

2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Asus Laptop Win 10 v 2004 Upgrade Failure (UNDOING CHANGES)

Hi, I've tried a bunch of solutions listed on Microsoft site for failed version 2004 updates.
    I'm starting to wonder if this is an issue with my Asus N550JV laptop.
    What happens is it goes thru the entire install process until it gets to the point of restarting and getting things set up and then wwwooops I get a black screen that says it is Undoing Changes ...

What could be causing this? I'm hoping to get some leads on this forum...

orlando1974, Nov 8, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Actually some machines can receive Firmware updates through Windows Updates. As for the reboots, I would also look at Secure Boot getting fouled up and clearing that option to reset it. The Hash may not match when it reboot causing these errors.

bro67, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How to undo damage/bugs caused by Windows 10 v 2004 update? - Similar Threads - undo damage bugs

2. How do I update Windows 10 Pro from v.2004 to v.21H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update Windows 10 Pro from v.2004 to v.21H2?: Windows Update does not update my Windows 10 Pro v.2004 laptop.After ""Check for Updates", although it reports that an update is needed, it shows no "Install" button to do so.See screenshot 1, below.So I tried to use Windows Setup to update. - I downloaded via button...
  3. How do I update Windows 10 Pro from v.2004 to v.21H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I update Windows 10 Pro from v.2004 to v.21H2?: Windows Update does not update my Windows 10 Pro v.2004 laptop.After ""Check for Updates", although it reports that an update is needed, it shows no "Install" button to do so.See screenshot 1, below.So I tried to use Windows Setup to update. - I downloaded via button...
  4. How do I update Windows 10 Pro from v.2004 to v.21H2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Undo Update 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Undo Update 2004: I am running Windows 10 on a Microsoft Surface Go 2-in-1. When I clicked Update and Restart, it installed Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.630) The screens were as if I had just installed Windows 10. It gave me what would be Welcome to Windows 10 and Tips for how to use it....
  6. Windows 10 2004 bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 bug?: Every time I map a drive in Win 10 2004 and I need to reboot, I get errors saying the password to that drive is invalid and wont reconnect when there is no password. Also When I click on the server in Network to remap the drive or map other drives I get errors... Only way I...
  7. Windows update bug Win 10 2004?

Windows update bug Win 10 2004?: When I manually click the check for updates button it searches and then appears to very briefly (1 second) attempt to download something and returns to the you're up to date green check mark. Can anyone reproduce this? I have taken a desktop capture from my machine which...
  8. windows 10 2004 bug

windows 10 2004 bug: i am unable to disable receive updates for other microsoft products in windows update settings 161902
  9. windows 10 V 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 V 2004: Hi everyone have just bought and installed a brand new ssd drive in my PC, i had earlier downloaded the latest windows 10 v 2004 onto a USB drive which i then installed onto the new ssd drive, it installed beautifully and smooth no problems whatsoever, however i have noticed...
  10. Windows 10 2004 update bugs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 update bugs.: Hello, I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 version 2004, I begun noticing some weird behaviour: -Desktop rearranges after every restart, the shortcut of "This PC" gets moved to last position. -A Windows defender module was disabled by itself happened once for now,...