Windows 10: How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?

Discus and support How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran the command "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:" to test and see if I'm prompted for bitlockery recovery upon a restart and it worked. But now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ankur Shah1, Jun 5, 2023.

1. How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?

I ran the command "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:" to test and see if I'm prompted for bitlockery recovery upon a restart and it worked. But now it prompts for bitlocker recovery upon every restart. How can I undo this?

:)

Ankur Shah1, Jun 5, 2023
  2. 2AI
    2AI Win User

Manage-bde question

I have two computer both have bitlocker enabled

Second one d drive need manage-bde command

To decrypt

1.If decrypt with this command, will it lose encryption protection in use for d drive?

2.C drive never need to use manage-bde to decrypt

Does it mean that confidential data should save to d drive is better than c drive document folder ?

3.What is the difference in two computer when both have bitlocker enabled, and one need manage-bed to decrypt ?

3. sept11pg Win User
    "BitLocker" using MS command "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" (in command line)

BitLocker: using MS command "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...

1) "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all...

(SEE SCREEN SHOT #1)

2) "manage-bde -protectors E: -get"

Then I tried to open drive- "E", of an external hard drive, from my other computer.

While the MS command did work on the external USB Connected Hard Drive, "E" the results

Did Not, show password.

(SEE SCREEN SHOT #2)

Q: So my Question: ?

While the Microsoft Command, "manage-bde -protectors <your selected drive> drive: -get"

only work on a drive when that drive is, in the actual computer you use command on ? ? ?

or is there another way, without me putting my, "E" hard drive back into my other laptop ? ?

if not, then I re-install the "E" drive to my other laptop and use the MS command....

Please advise as I am curious..

How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"? 4a4034af-a432-407e-8aca-057e0ea3a9d6?upload=true.png

sept11pg, Jun 5, 2023
  4. How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?

Need correct syntax to use manage-bde command to unlock bitlocker encrypted drive

My laptop hard drive is encrypted. I am prompted to enter a bitlocker pin at boot up. It gets me to logon screen. I am trying to use manage-bde command to unlock my drive. What is correct syntax for entering the pin?

I tried manage-bde -unlock c: -password

than I entered my pin but it it did not work.

When I tried manage-bde -status,

I see the Key Protectors as

TPM + Pin

Pin

Numerical Password.

Khalid Khan Niazi, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?

1. How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"? - Similar Threads - undo manage bde

2. Manage-bde unlock volume bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage-bde unlock volume bitlocker: Help!!! Manage-bde unlock volume bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-bde-unlock-volume-bitlocker/e4603db3-eb47-42b8-96e6-652cdac4a192
  3. How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?: I ran the command "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:" to test and see if I'm prompted for bitlockery recovery upon a restart and it worked. But now it prompts for bitlocker recovery upon every restart. How can I undo this?...
  4. How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?: I ran the command "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:" to test and see if I'm prompted for bitlockery recovery upon a restart and it worked. But now it prompts for bitlocker recovery upon every restart. How can I undo this?...
  5. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  6. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  7. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Manage-bde question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage-bde question: I have two computer both have bitlocker enabledSecond one d drive need manage-bde commandTo decrypt1.If decrypt with this command, will it lose encryption protection in use for d drive?2.C drive never need to use manage-bde to decryptDoes it mean that confidential data should...
  9. Manage-bde question

Manage-bde question: I have two computer both have bitlocker enabledSecond one d drive need manage-bde commandTo decrypt1.If decrypt with this command, will it lose encryption protection in use for d drive?2.C drive never need to use manage-bde to decryptDoes it mean that confidential data should...
  10. Manage-bde question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security